- Formula: C2H2N3-
- Molecular weight: 68.0579
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Reaction thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: John E. Bartmess
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. A general reaction search form is also available. Future versions of this site may rely on reaction search pages in place of the enumerated reaction displays seen below.
C2H2N3- + =
By formula: C2H2N3- + H+ = C2H3N3
|rH°||1449. ± 8.8||kJ/mol||G+TS||Catalan, Claramunt, et al., 1988||gas phase; The authors state the acidity is for the 2H isomer, which is more stable(G3MP2B3)in the gas phase than the 1H isomer by 3 kcal/mol. However, only the 1H isomer is commercially available; thus, this may not be a clean equilibrium.|
|rG°||1419. ± 8.4||kJ/mol||IMRE||Catalan, Claramunt, et al., 1988||gas phase; The authors state the acidity is for the 2H isomer, which is more stable(G3MP2B3)in the gas phase than the 1H isomer by 3 kcal/mol. However, only the 1H isomer is commercially available; thus, this may not be a clean equilibrium.|
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, Notes
Catalan, Claramunt, et al., 1988
Catalan, J.; Claramunt, R.M.; Elguero, J.; Menedez, M.; Anvia, F.; Quian, J.H.; Taagepera, M.; Taft, R.W., Basicity and Acidity of Azoles. The Annelation Effect in Azoles., J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1988, 110, 13, 4107, https://doi.org/10.1021/ja00221a001 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rG° Free energy of reaction at standard conditions rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.