- Formula: C12H9NO
- Molecular weight: 183.2060
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: GCSHUYKULREZSJ-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 91-02-1
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Ketone, phenyl 2-pyridyl; Phenyl 2-pyridyl ketone; 2-Benzoylpyridine; Pyridine, 2-benzoyl-
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase ion energetics data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Sharon G. Lias, Rhoda D. Levin, and Sherif A. Kafafi
Ionization energy determinations
|9.06||EI||Schubert and Grutzmacher, 1980|
|9.06||EI||Grutzmacher, Schaldach, et al., 1980|
|9.1 ± 0.1||EI||Grutzmacher and Schubert, 1979|
Appearance energy determinations
|Ion||AE (eV)||Other Products||Method||Reference||Comment|
|C7H5O+||11.7 ± 0.1||C5H4N||EI||Grutzmacher and Schubert, 1979|
|C12H8NO+||9.97||H||EI||Schubert and Grutzmacher, 1980|
|C12H8NO+||10.0||H||EI||Grutzmacher, Schaldach, et al., 1980|
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, Notes
Schubert and Grutzmacher, 1980
Schubert, R.; Grutzmacher, H.-F., Kinetic energy release and position of transition state during the intramolecular substitution of ionized 2-benzoyl pyridines, Org. Mass Spectrom., 1980, 15, 122. [all data]
Grutzmacher, Schaldach, et al., 1980
Grutzmacher, H.-F.; Schaldach, B.; Schubert, R.; Ramana, D.V., Ion kinetic energy release as a transition state probe in intramolecular aromatic substitutions, Adv. Mass Spectrom., 1980, 8, 795. [all data]
Grutzmacher and Schubert, 1979
Grutzmacher, H.-F.; Schubert, R., Substituent effects in the mass spectra of benzoyl hetarenes, Org. Mass Spectrom., 1979, 14, 567. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
AE Appearance energy
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.