- Formula: C2HF5
- Molecular weight: 120.0214
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: GTLACDSXYULKMZ-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 354-33-6
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: C2F5H; Pentafluoroethane; 1,1,1,2,2-Pentafluoroethane; Fc-125; Genetron HFC 125; R-125
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase ion energetics data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: John E. Bartmess
C2F5- + =
By formula: C2F5- + H+ = C2HF5
|rH°||1567. ± 14.||kJ/mol||G+TS||Sullivan and Beauchamp, 1976||gas phase; Between tBuOH and HF; value altered from reference due to change in acidity scale|
|rG°||1535. ± 13.||kJ/mol||IMRB||Sullivan and Beauchamp, 1976||gas phase; Between tBuOH and HF; value altered from reference due to change in acidity scale|
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, Notes
Sullivan and Beauchamp, 1976
Sullivan, S.A.; Beauchamp, J.L., Competition between proton transfer and elimination in the reactions of strong bases with fluoroethanes in the gas phase. Influence of base strength on reactivity, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1976, 98, 1160. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rG° Free energy of reaction at standard conditions rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.