Thiophene, tetrahydro-, 1,1-dioxide
- Formula: C4H8O2S
- Molecular weight: 120.170
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: HXJUTPCZVOIRIF-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 126-33-0
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Tetramethylene sulfone; Bondelane A; Bondolane A; Cyclic tetramethylene sulfone; Cyclotetramethylene sulfone; Sulfolan; Sulfolane; Sulpholane; Tetrahydrothiophene dioxide; Tetrahydrothiophene 1,1-dioxide; Thiacyclopentane dioxide; Thiophan sulfone; Thiophane dioxide; 1,1-Dioxothiolan; Thiophene, 1,1-dioxide-tetrahydro-; Dihydrobutadiene sulfone; 1,1-Dioxide tetrahydrothiofuran; Dioxothiolan; Tetrahydothiophene-1,1-dioxide; Sulfalone; Sulphoxaline; Thiocyclopentane-1,1-dioxide; Thiolane-1,1-dioxide; 1,1-Dioxidetetrahydrothiophene; 2,3,4,5-Tetrahydrothiophene-1,1-dioxide; Dihydrobutadiene sulphone; Tetrahydrothiofen-1,1-dioxid; Thiophane 1,1-dioxide; NSC 46443
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase ion energetics data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
LBLHLM - Sharon G. Lias, John E. Bartmess, Joel F. Liebman, John L. Holmes, Rhoda D. Levin, and W. Gary Mallard
LLK - Sharon G. Lias, Rhoda D. Levin, and Sherif A. Kafafi
Ionization energy determinations
|9.8||PE||Aitken, Gosney, et al., 1984||LBLHLM|
|9.91 ± 0.07||PI||Evlasheva, Puchkova, et al., 1975||LLK|
|10.75||PE||Aitken, Gosney, et al., 1984||Vertical value; LBLHLM|
|10.24||PE||Muller, Schweig, et al., 1974||Vertical value; LLK|
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, Notes
Aitken, Gosney, et al., 1984
Aitken, R.A.; Gosney, I.; Farries, H.; Palmer, M.H.; Simpson, I.; Cadogan, J.I.G.; Tinley, E.J., Chemical repercussions of orbital interactions through bond and through space. The reactivity of the double bond in unsaturated cyclic sulphones towards aziridine formation and epoxidation, Tetrahedron, 1984, 40, 2487. [all data]
Evlasheva, Puchkova, et al., 1975
Evlasheva, T.I.; Puchkova, V.V.; Potapov, V.K.; Gur'yanova, E.N., Ionisation potentials and electron-donating properties of sulphones, Russ. J. Phys. Chem., 1975, 49, 453. [all data]
Muller, Schweig, et al., 1974
Muller, C.; Schweig, A.; Mock, W.L., Through-conjugation through the sulfone group in 2,5-di-tert- butylthiophene 1,1-dioxide, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1974, 96, 280. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.