- Formula: C4H6O3
- Molecular weight: 102.0886
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: VPVXHAANQNHFSF-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 3041-16-5
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: 1,4-Dioxan-2-one; p-dioxanone
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, IR Spectrum, References, Notes
Data compiled by: William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
Enthalpy of fusion
|fusH (kJ/mol)||Temperature (K)||Reference|
|16.14||301.7||Lebedev, Bykova, et al., 1995|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Coblentz Society, Inc.
Condensed Phase Spectrum
Select a region with data to zoom. Select a region with no data or click the mouse on the plot to revert to the orginal display.
The following components were used in generating the plot:
- jQuery UI
- Plugins for Flot:
Use or mention of technologies or programs in this web site is not intended to imply recommendation or endorsement by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, nor is it intended to imply that these items are necessarily the best available for the purpose.
Notice: Except where noted, spectra from this collection were measured on dispersive instruments, often in carefully selected solvents, and hence may differ in detail from measurements on FTIR instruments or in other chemical environments. More information on the manner in which spectra in this collection were collected can be found here.
Notice: Concentration information is not available for this spectrum and, therefore, molar absorptivity values cannot be derived.
View image of digitized spectrum (can be printed in landscape orientation).
Download spectrum in JCAMP-DX format.
Collection (C) 2018 copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce
on behalf of the United States of America. All rights reserved.
|Origin||DOW CHEMICAL COMPANY|
|Source reference||COBLENTZ NO. 05742|
|State||SOLUTION (10% CCl4 FOR 2.6-7.5, 10% CS2 FOR 7.5-22 MICRON)|
|Instrument||DOW KBr FOREPRISM-GRATING|
|Instrument parameters||BLAZED AT 3.5, 12.0, 20.0 MICRON AND CHANGED AT 5.0, 7.5, 14.9 MICRON|
|Path length||0.010 CM, 0.011 CM|
SPECTRAL CONTAMINATION DUE TO CS2 AROUND 855 AND CCl4 AROUND 1550 CM-1
|Data processing||DIGITIZED BY COBLENTZ SOCIETY (BATCH I) FROM HARD COPY|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, IR Spectrum, Notes
Lebedev, Bykova, et al., 1995
Lebedev, B.V.; Bykova, T.A.; Kiparisova, E.G.; Belen'kaya, B.G.; Filatova, V.N., Thermodynamics of p-dioxanone, polymerization reaction, and poly-p-dioxanone at 0 - 450 K, Vysokomol. Soed. A, 1995, 37, 2, 187. [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, IR Spectrum, References
- Symbols used in this document:
fusH Enthalpy of fusion
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.