- Formula: C8H18O2
- Molecular weight: 146.2273
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: LSXWFXONGKSEMY-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 110-05-4
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Peroxide, bis(1,1-dimethylethyl); tert-Butyl peroxide; Bis(tert-butyl) peroxide; Cadox TBP; DTBP; Trigonox B; (tert-C4H9O)2; Cadox; Di-tert-butyl peroxyde; Di-tert-butylperoxid; Perossido di butile terziario; Peroxyde de butyle tertiaire; t-Butyl peroxide; Bis(1,1-dimethylethyl) peroxide; Di-t-butyl peroxide; Di-tertiary-butyl peroxide; t-butyl peroxide bis(1,1-di-methylethyl)peroxide; Peroxide, tert-butyl-; Interox DTB; Kayabutyl D; NSC 673; Perbutyl D; Peroxide, bis-tert-butyl-
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase ion energetics data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
LLK - Sharon G. Lias, Rhoda D. Levin, and Sherif A. Kafafi
LL - Sharon G. Lias and Joel F. Liebman
Ionization energy determinations
|8.78||PE||Coughlin, Brown, et al., 1979||Vertical value; LLK|
|8.78||PE||Batich and Adam, 1974||Vertical value; LLK|
Appearance energy determinations
|Ion||AE (eV)||Other Products||Method||Reference||Comment|
|C4H9O2+||9.72||C4H9||EI||Holmes, Lossing, et al., 1991||LL|
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, Notes
Coughlin, Brown, et al., 1979
Coughlin, D.J.; Brown, R.S.; Salomon, R.G., The prostaglandin endoperoxide nucleus and related bicyclic peroxides. Synthetic and spectroscopic studies, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1979, 101, 1533. [all data]
Batich and Adam, 1974
Batich, C.; Adam, W., The photoelectron spectra of alkylperoxides, Tetrahedron Lett., 1974, 1467. [all data]
Holmes, Lossing, et al., 1991
Holmes, J.L.; Lossing, F.P.; Mayer, P.M., Heats of formation of oxygen-containing organic free radicals from appearance energy measurements, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1991, 113, 9723. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
AE Appearance energy
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.