- Formula: C8H18O2
- Molecular weight: 146.2273
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: LSXWFXONGKSEMY-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 110-05-4
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Peroxide, bis(1,1-dimethylethyl); tert-Butyl peroxide; Bis(tert-butyl) peroxide; Cadox TBP; DTBP; Trigonox B; (tert-C4H9O)2; Cadox; Di-tert-butyl peroxyde; Di-tert-butylperoxid; Perossido di butile terziario; Peroxyde de butyle tertiaire; t-Butyl peroxide; Bis(1,1-dimethylethyl) peroxide; Di-t-butyl peroxide; Di-tertiary-butyl peroxide; t-butyl peroxide bis(1,1-di-methylethyl)peroxide; Peroxide, tert-butyl-; Interox DTB; Kayabutyl D; NSC 673; Perbutyl D; Peroxide, bis-tert-butyl-
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
DRB - Donald R. Burgess, Jr.
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
GT - Glushko Thermocenter, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow
|fH°gas||-81.45||kcal/mol||N/A||Diogo, Minas da Piedade, et al., 1995||Value computed using «DELTA»fHliquid° value of -380.8±2.0 kj/mol from Diogo, Minas da Piedade, et al., 1995 and «DELTA»vapH° value of 40.0 kj/mol from Baker, Littlefair, et al., 1965.; DRB|
|fH°gas||-81.5||kcal/mol||Ccb||Baker, Littlefair, et al., 1965||ALS|
Constant pressure heat capacity of gas
|Cp,gas (cal/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|37.765||200.||Diogo H.P., 1995||GT|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Diogo, Minas da Piedade, et al., 1995
Diogo, H.P.; Minas da Piedade, M.E.; Simoes, J.A.M.; Nagano, Y., Standard enthalpy of formation and enthalpy of vaporization of di-1,1-dimethylethyl perioxide. Re-evaluation of the standard enthalpy of formation of the di-1,1-dimethylethoxy radical, J. Chem. Thermodyn., 1995, 27, 597-604. [all data]
Baker, Littlefair, et al., 1965
Baker, G.; Littlefair, J.H.; Shaw, R.; Thynne, J.C.J., 1286. The heats of formation of dimethyl, diethyl, and di-t-butyl peroxide, J. Chem. Soc., 1965, 6970-6972. [all data]
Islam, T.S.A., Heats of combustion of di-tert-butyl and di-tert-amyl peroxides and their RO-OR bond dissociation energies, Dacca Univ. Stud., Part B, 1980, 28, 1-4. [all data]
Diogo H.P., 1995
Diogo H.P., Standard enthalpy of formation and enthalpy of vaporization of di-1,1-dimethyl peroxide. Reevaluation of the standard enthalpy of formation of the di-1,1-dimethylethoxy radical, J. Chem. Thermodyn., 1995, 27, 597-604. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Cp,gas Constant pressure heat capacity of gas fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.