- Formula: C5H5NO
- Molecular weight: 95.0993
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: GCNTZFIIOFTKIY-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 626-64-2
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: 4-Pyridone; 4-Pyridol; 4-Hydroxypyridine; «gamma»-Hydroxypyridine; pyridin-4-ol
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Chris Muzny, director
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
|Tfus||421.15||K||N/A||Leis and Curran, 1945||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 1. K; TRC|
|subH°||118.6 ± 5.2||kJ/mol||C||Ribeiro da Silva, Matos, et al., 1992||ALS|
|subH°||118.6 ± 5.2||kJ/mol||C||Ribeiro da Silva, Matos, et al., 1992||AC|
|subH°||103.8 ± 1.7||kJ/mol||C||Suradi, El Saiad, et al., 1982||ALS|
|subH°||103.8 ± 1.7||kJ/mol||C||Suradi, El Saiad, et al., 1982||See also Pedley, Naylor, et al., 1986.; AC|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Leis and Curran, 1945
Leis, D.G.; Curran, B.C., Electric moments of some gamma-substituted pyridines, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1945, 67, 79. [all data]
Ribeiro da Silva, Matos, et al., 1992
Ribeiro da Silva, M.A.V.; Matos, M.A.R.; Meng-Yan, Y.; Pilcher, G., Enthalpy of formation of 4-hydroxypridine, J. Chem. Thermodyn., 1992, 24, 107-108. [all data]
Suradi, El Saiad, et al., 1982
Suradi, S.; El Saiad, N.; Pilcher, G.; Skinner, H.A., Enthalpies of combustion of the three hydroxy-pyridines and the four hydroxy-2-methylpyridines, J. Chem. Thermodyn., 1982, 14, 45-50. [all data]
Pedley, Naylor, et al., 1986
Pedley, J.B.; Naylor, R.D.; Kirby, S.P., Thermochemical Data of Organic Compounds, 1986, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-009-4099-4 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tfus Fusion (melting) point subH° Enthalpy of sublimation at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.