- Formula: C12H8S2
- Molecular weight: 216.322
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: GVIJJXMXTUZIOD-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 92-85-3
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Thianthren; Thiaanthrene; 9,10-Dithiaanthracene
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
DH - Eugene S. Domalski and Elizabeth D. Hearing
|fH°solid||44.6 ± 1.1||kcal/mol||Ccb||Sabbah and El Watik, 1989||ALS|
|fH°solid||44.03 ± 0.36||kcal/mol||Ccr||Johnson, 1975||ALS|
|fH°solid||43.64 ± 0.32||kcal/mol||Ccr||Sunner, 1963||See Sunner, 1962; ALS|
|fH°solid||43.32 ± 0.56||kcal/mol||Ccr||Hubbard, Katz, et al., 1954||Heat of combustion calculated author's U=-1730.01; ALS|
|cH°solid||-1733. ± 3.||kcal/mol||AVG||N/A||Average of 7 values; Individual data points|
|S°solid,1 bar||55.184||cal/mol*K||N/A||Steele, Chirico, et al., 1993||DH|
Constant pressure heat capacity of solid
|Cp,solid (cal/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|52.622||298.15||Steele, Chirico, et al., 1993||T = 5 to 700 K.; DH|
|53.769||298.15||Sabbah and Watik, 1989||DH|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Sabbah and El Watik, 1989
Sabbah, R.; El Watik, L., Etude thermodynamique de la molecule de thianthrene, Thermochim. Acta, 1989, 138, 241-247. [all data]
Johnson, W.H., The enthalpies of combustion and formation of thianthrene, J. Res. NBS, 1975, 79, 561-564. [all data]
Sunner, S., Corrected heat of combustion and formation values for a number of organic sulphur compounds, Acta Chem. Scand., 1963, 17, 728-730. [all data]
Sunner, S., Corrected heat of combustion and formation values for a number of organic sulphur compounds, Private communication, 1962, 1-4. [all data]
Hubbard, Katz, et al., 1954
Hubbard, W.N.; Katz, C.; Waddington, G., A rotating combustion bomb for precision calorimetry. Heats of combustion of some sulfur-containing compounds, J. Phys. Chem., 1954, 58, 142. [all data]
Steele, Chirico, et al., 1993
Steele, W.V.; Chirico, R.D.; Knipmeyer, S.E.; Nguyen, A., The thermodynamic properties of thianthrene and phenoxathiin, J. Chem. Thermodyn., 1993, 25, 965-992. [all data]
Sabbah and Watik, 1989
Sabbah, R.; Watik, L.E., Etude thermodynamique de la molecule de thanthrene, Thermochim. Acta, 1989, 138, 241-247. [all data]
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Cp,solid Constant pressure heat capacity of solid S°solid,1 bar Entropy of solid at standard conditions (1 bar) cH°solid Enthalpy of combustion of solid at standard conditions fH°solid Enthalpy of formation of solid at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.