- Formula: H2O2
- Molecular weight: 34.0147
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: MHAJPDPJQMAIIY-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 7722-84-1
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Kenneth Kroenlein director
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
|Tfus||272.26||K||N/A||Cuthbertson, Matheson, et al., 1928||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.3 K; TRC|
|Tc||728.||K||N/A||Nikitin, Pavlov, et al., 1995||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 15. K; by extrapolation of obs. Tc for aqueous solns, with pulse heating method to pure H2O2; TRC|
|Pc||220.00||bar||N/A||Nikitin, Pavlov, et al., 1995||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 20.00 bar; by extrapolation of obs. Pc for aqueous solns. with pulse heating method to pure H2O2; TRC|
Enthalpy of vaporization
|vapH (kJ/mol)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|48.5||320.||Maass and Hiebert, 1924||Based on data from 277. - 363. K.; AC|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Cuthbertson, Matheson, et al., 1928
Cuthbertson, A.C.; Matheson, G.L.; Maass, O., The Freezing Point and Density of Pure Hydrogen Peroxide, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1928, 50, 1120. [all data]
Nikitin, Pavlov, et al., 1995
Nikitin, E.D.; Pavlov, P.A.; Popov, A.P.; Nikitina, H.E., Critical properties of hydrogen peroxide determined from direct measurements, J. Chem. Thermodyn., 1995, 27, 945-52. [all data]
Maass and Hiebert, 1924
Maass, O.; Hiebert, P.G., THE PROPERTIES OF PURE HYDROGEN PEROXIDE. V. VAPOR PRESSURE, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1924, 46, 12, 2693-2700, https://doi.org/10.1021/ja01677a012 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Pc Critical pressure Tc Critical temperature Tfus Fusion (melting) point vapH Enthalpy of vaporization
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.