- Formula: C7H6O3
- Molecular weight: 138.1207
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: YGSDEFSMJLZEOE-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 69-72-7
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Benzoic acid, 2-hydroxy-; o-Hydroxybenzoic acid; Phenol-2-carboxylic acid; Psoriacid-S-Stift; Retarder W; Rutranex; Salicylic acid collodion; Salonil; 2-Hydroxybenzoic acid; Acido salicilico; Keralyt; Kyselina 2-hydroxybenzoova; Kyselina salicylova; Orthohydroxybenzoic acid; Duoplant; Freezone; Ionil; Saligel; Compound W; 2-Hydroxybenzenecarboxylic acid; 2-Carboxyphenol; o-Carboxyphenol; Advanced pain relief callus removers; Advanced pain relief corn removers; Clear away wart remover; Dr. Scholl's Callus Removers; Dr. Scholl's Corn Removers; Dr. Scholl's Wart Remover Kit; Duofil Wart Remover; Ionil plus; Salicylic acid soap; Stri-Dex; Benzoic acid, o-hydroxy-; NSC 180; Trans-Ver-Sal; Domerine; Duofilm; Fostex; Pernox; Salicylic acid & Sulfur Soap; Sebucare; Sebulex; component of Fostex medicated bar and cream; component of Keralyt; Retarder SAX; component of Solarcaine first aid spray; component of Tinver; 7681-06-3; 8052-31-1; Salicyclic acid; Domerine (Salt/Mix); Duofilm (Salt/Mix); Fostex (Salt/Mix); Pernox (Salt/Mix); Salicylic acid & Sulfur Soap (Salt/Mix); Sebucare (Salt/Mix); Sebulex (Salt/Mix); component of Fostex medicated bar and cream (Salt/Mix); component of Keralyt (Salt/Mix); Retarder SAX (Salt/Mix); component of Solarcaine first aid spray (Salt/Mix); component of Tinver (Salt/Mix)
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Reaction thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
B - John E. Bartmess
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. A general reaction search form is also available. Future versions of this site may rely on reaction search pages in place of the enumerated reaction displays seen below.
C7H5O3- + =
By formula: C7H5O3- + H+ = C7H6O3
|rH°||325.5 ± 2.2||kcal/mol||G+TS||Kebarle and McMahon, 1977||gas phase; B|
|rG°||317.8 ± 2.0||kcal/mol||IMRE||Kebarle and McMahon, 1977||gas phase; B|
+ = +
By formula: C9H8O4 + H2O = C2H4O2 + C7H6O3
|rH°||-6.50 ± 0.07||kcal/mol||Cm||Nelander, 1964||solid phase; Heat of hydrolysis; ALS|
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, Notes
Kebarle and McMahon, 1977
Kebarle, P.; McMahon, T.B., Intrinsic Acidities of Substituted Phenols and Benzoic Acids Determined by Gas Phase Proton Transfer Equilibria, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1977, 99, 7, 2222, https://doi.org/10.1021/ja00449a032 . [all data]
Nelander, L., The heats of hydrolysis of aspirin, thioaspirin, and their p-analogues, Acta Chem. Scand., 1964, 18, 973-984. [all data]
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rG° Free energy of reaction at standard conditions rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.