Acetic acid, methoxy-, methyl ester
- Formula: C4H8O3
- Molecular weight: 104.1045
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: QRMHDGWGLNLHMN-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 6290-49-9
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Methyl methoxyacetate; Methyl 2-methoxyacetate; Methoxyacetic acid methyl ester; CBC 108569; Methoxymethyl acetate
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
Reaction thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. A general reaction search form is also available. Future versions of this site may rely on reaction search pages in place of the enumerated reaction displays seen below.
+ = + 2
By formula: C6H14O4 + H2O = C4H8O3 + 2CH4O
|rH°||-52.43 ± 0.50||kJ/mol||Eqk||Guthrie and Cullimore, 1980||liquid phase|
+ = +
By formula: C4H8O3 + H2O = C3H6O3 + CH4O
|rH°||-65.6 ± 5.9||kJ/mol||Eqk||Guthrie and Cullimore, 1980||liquid phase|
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, Notes
Guthrie and Cullimore, 1980
Guthrie, J.P.; Cullimore, P.A., Effect of the acyl substituent on the equilibrium constant for hydration of esters, Can. J. Chem., 1980, 58, 1281-1294. [all data]
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.