- Formula: C4H2O3
- Molecular weight: 98.0569
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: FPYJFEHAWHCUMM-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 108-31-6
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: 2,5-Furandione; cis-Butenedioic anhydride; Dihydro-2,5-dioxofuran; Maleic acid anhydride; Toxilic anhydride; Maleic anhydride, briquettes; Anhydrid kyseliny maleinove; Maleinanhydrid; Rcra waste number U147; UN 2215; 2,5-Furanedione; M 188; NSC 137651
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Glushko Thermocenter, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow
Constant pressure heat capacity of gas
|Cp,gas (J/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|83.94||273.15||Caminati W., 1985||Other statistically calculated values are: S(298.15 K)=300.75 J/mol*K and Cp(298.15 K)=88.87 J/mol*K [ Joshi R.M., 1970].|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Caminati W., 1985
Caminati W., A study of the ring-bending and ring-twisting motions in maleic anhydride by rotational analysis of the corresponding vibrational satellites, Spectrochim. Acta, 1985, A41, 937-941. [all data]
Joshi R.M., 1970
Joshi R.M., Thermodynamic properties of some monomeric compounds in the standard ideal gas state, J. Polym. Sci., Part A-2, 1970, 8, 679-687. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Cp,gas Constant pressure heat capacity of gas
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.