NOTICE: Due to scheduled maintenance at our Gaithersburg campus, this site will not be available from 5:00 pm EDT (21:00 UTC) on Friday October 25 until 5:00 pm (21:00 UTC) on Sunday October 27. We apologize for any inconvenience this outage may cause.
- Formula: C5H10O
- Molecular weight: 86.1323
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: DQWVUKFABWSFJD-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 20117-47-9
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
Gas phase ion energetics data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Sharon G. Lias, John E. Bartmess, Joel F. Liebman, John L. Holmes, Rhoda D. Levin, and W. Gary Mallard
View reactions leading to C5H10O+ (ion structure unspecified)
Appearance energy determinations
|Ion||AE (eV)||Other Products||Method||Reference||Comment|
|C2H3O+||11.7 ± 0.2||CH3+C2H4||EI||Lifshitz, Berger, et al., 1983|
|C2H3O+||12.0 ± 0.1||C2H4+CH3||EI||Burgers and Holmes, 1982|
|C3H6O+||9.27 ± 0.02||C2H4||PI||Lifshitz, 1982|
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, Notes
Lifshitz, Berger, et al., 1983
Lifshitz, C.; Berger, P.; Tzidony, E., Kinetic energy release distributions (KERDs) for the dissociation of metastable enol ions, Chem. Phys. Lett., 1983, 95, 109. [all data]
Burgers and Holmes, 1982
Burgers, P.C.; Holmes, J.L., Metastable ion studies. XIII. The measurement of appearance energies of metastable peaks, Org. Mass Spectrom., 1982, 17, 123. [all data]
Lifshitz, C., A surprisal analysis of the dissociation dynamics of C3H6O+ cations, Int. J. Mass Spectrom. Ion Phys., 1982, 43, 179. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
AE Appearance energy
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.