- Formula: C4H8O
- Molecular weight: 72.1057
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: KTHXBEHDVMTNOH-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 2919-23-5
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Cyclobutyl hydroxide; Cyclobutyl alcohol
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Chris Muzny, director
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
DRB - Donald R. Burgess, Jr.
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
|Tboil||396.||K||N/A||Roberts and Sauer, 1949||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 6. K; TRC|
|Tboil||398.||K||N/A||Roberts and Sauer, 1949||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 3. K; TRC|
|vapH°||13.0||kcal/mol||E||Rocek and Radkowsky, 1973||ALS|
|vapH°||12.9||kcal/mol||N/A||Rocek and Radkowsky, 1973||DRB|
Reduced pressure boiling point
|Tboil (K)||Pressure (atm)||Reference||Comment|
|396.2||0.964||Weast and Grasselli, 1989||BS|
Enthalpy of fusion
|fusH (kcal/mol)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|2.04||228.4||Dworkin, Fuchs, et al., 1982||AC|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Roberts and Sauer, 1949
Roberts, J.D.; Sauer, C.W., J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1949, 71, 3925. [all data]
Rocek and Radkowsky, 1973
Rocek, J.; Radkowsky, A.E., Mechanism of the chromic acid oxidation of cyclobutanol, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1973, 95, 7123-7132. [all data]
Weast and Grasselli, 1989
CRC Handbook of Data on Organic Compounds, 2nd Editon, Weast,R.C and Grasselli, J.G., ed(s)., CRC Press, Inc., Boca Raton, FL, 1989, 1. [all data]
Dworkin, Fuchs, et al., 1982
Dworkin, A.; Fuchs, A.H.; Ghelfenstein, M.; Szwarc, H., Cristaux vitreux. I : RMN large bande, thermocourants de dépolarisation et analyse enthalpique dans quelques cycloalcools, J. Phyique Lett., 1982, 43, 1, 21-27, https://doi.org/10.1051/jphyslet:0198200430102100 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point fusH Enthalpy of fusion vapH° Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.