- Formula: CF2
- Molecular weight: 50.0075
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: LTVOKYUPTHZZQH-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 2154-59-8
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Calcium difluoride; Difluoromethylene
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Reaction thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: John E. Bartmess
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. A general reaction search form is also available. Future versions of this site may rely on reaction search pages in place of the enumerated reaction displays seen below.
(CF3- 4294967295) + = CF3-
By formula: (CF3- 4294967295CF2) + CF2 = CF3-
|rH°||208. ± 10.||kJ/mol||N/A||Deyerl, Alconcel, et al., 2001||gas phase; Adiabatic EA, from vibrational structure of spectrum|
|rH°||213. ± 12.||kJ/mol||N/A||Bartmess, Scott, et al., 1979||gas phase; Paulino and Squires, 1991 suggests that this acidity may be too weak by ca. 5 kcal/mol. However, G2 calcn(JEB) give «DELTA»Hacid=379.9, «DELTA»Gacid=372.0; value altered from reference due to change in acidity scale|
|rH°||234. ± 11.||kJ/mol||CIDT||Paulino and Squires, 1991||gas phase; Neutral heat is based on a fluoroform acidity that may be too weak by up to 5 kcal/mol|
(CAS Reg. No. 53959-80-1 4294967295) + = CAS Reg. No. 53959-80-1
By formula: (CAS Reg. No. 53959-80-1 4294967295CF2) + CF2 = CAS Reg. No. 53959-80-1
|rH°||<33.5||kJ/mol||CIDT||Paulino and Squires, 1991, 2||gas phase; Probably CF2..Cl-, non-covalent.|
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, Notes
Deyerl, Alconcel, et al., 2001
Deyerl, H.J.; Alconcel, L.S.; Continetti, R.E., Photodetachment imaging studies of the electron affinity of CF3, J. Phys. Chem. A, 2001, 105, 3, 552-557, https://doi.org/10.1021/jp003137k . [all data]
Bartmess, Scott, et al., 1979
Bartmess, J.E.; Scott, J.A.; McIver, R.T., Jr., The gas phase acidity scale from methanol to phenol, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1979, 101, 6047. [all data]
Paulino and Squires, 1991
Paulino, J.A.; Squires, R.R., Carbene Thermochemistry from Collision-Induced Dissociation Threshold Energy Measurements - The Heats of Formation of X1A1 CF2 and X1A1 CCl2, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1991, 113, 15, 5573, https://doi.org/10.1021/ja00015a009 . [all data]
Paulino and Squires, 1991, 2
Paulino, J.A.; Squires, R.R., Carbene Anion Complexes - Unusual Structural and Thermochemical Features of alpha-Halocarbanions in the Gas Phase, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1991, 113, 5, 1845, https://doi.org/10.1021/ja00005a067 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.