- Formula: CH2S
- Molecular weight: 46.092
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: DBTDEFJAFBUGPP-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 865-36-1
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|fH°gas||118. ± 8.4||kJ/mol||Ion||Ruscic and Berkowitz, 1993|
|fH°gas||90. ± 8.||kJ/mol||Ion||Roy and McMahon, 1982||Appearance potential|
Reaction thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References, Notes
Data compiled by: John E. Bartmess
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. A general reaction search form is also available. Future versions of this site may rely on reaction search pages in place of the enumerated reaction displays seen below.
( 4294967295) + =
By formula: (CH3S- 4294967295CH2S) + CH2S = CH3S-
|rH°||305. ± 16.||kJ/mol||N/A||Bartmess, Scott, et al., 1979||gas phase; value altered from reference due to change in acidity scale|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Reaction thermochemistry data, Notes
Ruscic and Berkowitz, 1993
Ruscic, B.; Berkowitz, J., Photoionization mass spectrometry of CH2S and HCS, J. Chem. Phys., 1993, 98, 2568-2579. [all data]
Roy and McMahon, 1982
Roy, M.; McMahon, T.B., The proton affinity of thioformaldehyde implications for the heat of formation of thioformaldehyde and thiolmethyl carbonium ion from ion cyclotron resonance investigations of the proton transfer reactions of [CH2SH]+, Org. Mass Spectrom., 1982, 8, 392-395. [all data]
Bartmess, Scott, et al., 1979
Bartmess, J.E.; Scott, J.A.; McIver, R.T., Jr., The gas phase acidity scale from methanol to phenol, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1979, 101, 6047. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Reaction thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.