Butanedioic acid, 2,3-dihydroxy- (2R,3R)-, potassium sodium salt, hydrate (1:1:1:4)
- Formula: C4H4KNaO6·H8O4
- Molecular weight: 282.2201
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: VZOPRCCTKLAGPN-UHFFFAOYSA-L
- CAS Registry Number: 6381-59-5
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: Potassium sodium tartrate tetra hydrate; Sodium potassium tartrate tetrahydrate
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Eugene S. Domalski and Elizabeth D. Hearing
Constant pressure heat capacity of solid
|Cp,solid (J/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|386.13||298.15||Tatsumi, Matsuo, et al., 1978||T = 190 to 308 K.|
|389.1||300.||Hicks and Hooley, 1938||T = 15 to 340 K.|
|385.9||298.15||Wilson, 1938||T = 243 to 303 K. Cp(c) = 1.290 + 0.0031t/°C J/g (243 to 303 K), large single cystals. Cp(298.15 K) = 387.8 J/mol*K, Cp = 1.289 + 0.0034t/°C J/g (243 to 303 K), crystalline powder.|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Tatsumi, Matsuo, et al., 1978
Tatsumi, M.; Matsuo, T.; Suga, H.; Seki, S., Phase transitions of Rochelle salt as studied by high-resolution heat capacity measurements, J. Phys. Chem. Solids, 1978, 39, 427-434. [all data]
Hicks and Hooley, 1938
Hicks, J.F.G., Jr.; Hooley, J.G., The heat capacity of potassium sodium tartrate tetrahydrate from 15 to 340°K, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1938, 60, 2994-2997. [all data]
Wilson, A.J.C., The heat capacity of Rochelle Salt between -30° and +30°C, Phys. Rev., 1938, 54, 1103-1109. [all data]
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Cp,solid Constant pressure heat capacity of solid
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.