- Formula: C3H6F2
- Molecular weight: 80.0765
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: YZXSQDNPKVBDOG-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 420-45-1
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Dimethyldifluoromethane; 2,2-Difluoropropane; (CH3)2CF2
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Mass spectrum (electron ionization), References, Notes
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|fH°gas||-543. ± 13.||kJ/mol||Ion||Williamson, LeBreton, et al., 1976|
Phase change data
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Mass spectrum (electron ionization), References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Kenneth Kroenlein director
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
|Tboil||272.||K||N/A||PCR Inc., 1990||BS|
|Tboil||272.8||K||N/A||Henne, Renoll, et al., 1939||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 1. K; ~; TRC|
Enthalpy of vaporization
|vapH (kJ/mol)||Temperature (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|25.6||226.||A||Stephenson and Malanowski, 1987||Based on data from 211. - 302. K. See also Dykyj, 1970.; AC|
Mass spectrum (electron ionization)
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Phase change data, References, Notes
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
Select a region with data to zoom. Select a region with no data or click the mouse on the plot to revert to the orginal display.
The following components were used in generating the plot:
- jQuery UI
- Plugins for Flot:
Use or mention of technologies or programs in this web site is not intended to imply recommendation or endorsement by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, nor is it intended to imply that these items are necessarily the best available for the purpose.
View image of digitized spectrum (can be printed in landscape orientation).
Download spectrum in JCAMP-DX format.
|Owner||NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center|
Collection (C) 2014 copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce
on behalf of the United States of America. All rights reserved.
|Origin||THE M.W. KELLOGG CO., JERSEY CITY, N.J., USA|
|NIST MS number||35012|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Phase change data, Mass spectrum (electron ionization), Notes
Williamson, LeBreton, et al., 1976
Williamson, A.D.; LeBreton, P.R.; Beauchamp, J.L., Photoionization mass spectrometry of 2-fluoropropane and 2,2-difluoropropane. A novel determination of the proton affinity of vinyl fluoride and 1,1-difluoroethylene, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1976, 98, 2705-2709. [all data]
PCR Inc., 1990
PCR Inc., Research Chemicals Catalog 1990-1991, PCR Inc., Gainesville, FL, 1990, 1. [all data]
Henne, Renoll, et al., 1939
Henne, A.L.; Renoll, M.W.; Leicester, H.M., J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1939, 61, 938. [all data]
Stephenson and Malanowski, 1987
Stephenson, Richard M.; Malanowski, Stanislaw, Handbook of the Thermodynamics of Organic Compounds, 1987, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-009-3173-2 . [all data]
Dykyj, J., Petrochemica, 1970, 10, 2, 51. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Phase change data, Mass spectrum (electron ionization), References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions vapH Enthalpy of vaporization
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.