- Formula: C18H21NO
- Molecular weight: 267.3654
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: FEIWNULTQYHCDN-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 26227-73-6
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: N-(p-Methoxybenzylidene)-p-butylaniline; 4-Butyl-N-[(4-methoxyphenyl)methylene]benzenamine; p-Methoxybenzylidene-p-butylaniline; p-Anisylidene-p-butylaniline; Aniline, p-butyl-N-(p-methoxybenzylidene)-; 4-Methoxybenzylidene-4'-n-butylaniline; MBBA; 4-Methoxybenzylidine 4'-butylaniline; 4-Butyl-N-[(4-methoxyphenyl)methylidene]aniline; N-(4-Methoxybenzylidene)-p-n-butylaniline; 4-Butyl-N-(p-methoxybenzylidene)aniline; DL 1047 N; N-(4-Methoxybenzylidene)-4-butylaniline; N-(4'-methoxybenzylidene)-4-butylaniline
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Eugene S. Domalski and Elizabeth D. Hearing
Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid
|Cp,liquid (cal/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|114.||298.15||Shinoda and Mizuno, 1982||T = 293 to 333 K. Data given graphically. Cp value is a graphical estimate.|
|117.||300.||Janik, Janik, et al., 1975||T = 100 to 340 K. Cp value estimated from graphical data.|
|113.6||298.15||Shinoda, Maeda, et al., 1974||T = 2 to 330 K. Nematic liquid crystal.|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Shinoda and Mizuno, 1982
Shinoda, T.; Mizuno, M., On the pre-transition phenomenon of n-(p-methoxybenzylidene)-p-n-butylaniline (MBBA), Tokyo Kogyo Shikensho Hokoku, 1982, 77(4), 215-217. [all data]
Janik, Janik, et al., 1975
Janik, J.A.; Janik, J.M.; Mayer, J.; Sciesinska, E.; Sciesinski, J.; Twardowski, J.; Waluga, T.; Witko, W., Calorimetric and infrared study of the phase situation in solid MBBA [N-(p-methoxybenzylidene)-p-(n-butyl)aniline], J. Phys. (Paris) Colloq., 1975, (1), 159-165. [all data]
Shinoda, Maeda, et al., 1974
Shinoda, T.; Maeda, Y.; Enokido, H., Thermodynamic properties of N-(p-methoxybenzylidene)-p-n-butyl-aniline (MBBA) from 2K to its isotropic-liquid phase, J. Chem. Thermodynam., 1974, 6, 921-934. [all data]
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Cp,liquid Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.