- Formula: NO2
- Molecular weight: 46.0055
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: JCXJVPUVTGWSNB-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 10102-44-0
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Nitrogen oxide; Nitrito; Nitro; Nitrogen peroxide; Azote; Rcra waste number P078; Stickstoffdioxid; Stikstofdioxyde; Nitrogen dioxide (NO2)
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Chris Muzny, director
|Tboil||295.08||K||N/A||Thorpe, 1880||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.5 K; TRC|
Antoine Equation Parameters
log10(P) = A − (B / (T + C))
P = vapor pressure (bar)
T = temperature (K)
|217.6 - 294.||3.35248||540.635||-131.93||Stull, 1947||Coefficents calculated by NIST from author's data.|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Thorpe, T.E., On the Relation Between the Molecular Weights of Substances and their Specific Gravities in the Liquid State, J. Chem. Soc., 1880, 37, 141. [all data]
Stull, Daniel R., Vapor Pressure of Pure Substances. Organic and Inorganic Compounds, Ind. Eng. Chem., 1947, 39, 4, 517-540, https://doi.org/10.1021/ie50448a022 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.