- Formula: C2H3Cl3
- Molecular weight: 133.404
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: UOCLXMDMGBRAIB-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 71-55-6
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Species with the same structure:
- Other names: «alpha»-Trichloroethane; Aerothene TT; Chlorotene; Chlorothane NU; Chlorothene; Chlorothene NU; Chlorothene VG; Chlorten; Inhibisol; Methylchloroform; Methyltrichloromethane; Trichloroethane; 1,1,1-Trichloroethane; CH3CCl3; «alpha»-T; Chloroethene NU; Chloroform, methyl-; NCI-C04626; Solvent 111; Trichloro-1,1,1-ethane; 1,1,1-Trichloraethan; 1,1,1-Tricloroetano; CF 2; Chloroetene; Chloroethene; Chlorothene SM; Ethana NU; ICI-CF 2; Rcra waste number U226; Tafclean; 1,1,1-TCE; Trichloromethylmethane; Tri-ethane; UN 2831; 1,1,1-Trichlorethane; Distillex DS1; Ethana; Solvethane; Cleanite; F 140a; Genklene LB; HCC 140a; Three One A; Three One S
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase ion energetics data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
LLK - Sharon G. Lias, Rhoda D. Levin, and Sherif A. Kafafi
LL - Sharon G. Lias and Joel F. Liebman
Ionization energy determinations
|11.0||PE||Katsumata and Kimura, 1975||LLK|
|11.25||PE||Katsumata and Kimura, 1975||Vertical value; LLK|
Appearance energy determinations
|Ion||AE (eV)||Other Products||Method||Reference||Comment|
|CCl3+||11.78||CH3||EI||Hop, Holmes, et al., 1988||LL|
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, Notes
Katsumata and Kimura, 1975
Katsumata, S.; Kimura, K., Photoelectron spectra and sum rule consideration. Effect of chlorine substitution on ionization energies for chloroethanes, chloroacetaldehydes and chloroacetyl chlorides, J. Electron Spectrosc. Relat. Phenom., 1975, 6, 309. [all data]
Hop, Holmes, et al., 1988
Hop, C.E.C.A.; Holmes, J.L.; Lossing, F.P.; Terlouw, J.K., The stability of [CCl4]+, [Cl2C-Cl-Cl]+, their dications, and neutral counterparts, Int. J. Mass Spectrom. Ion Processes, 1988, 83, 285. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
AE Appearance energy
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.