- Formula: CH2N2
- Molecular weight: 42.0400
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: YXHKONLOYHBTNS-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 334-88-3
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Azimethylene; Diazomethane; Acomethylene; Diazirine; Diazonium methylide
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|fH°gas||215.||kJ/mol||Kin||Laufer and Okabe, 1971||Heat of formation at 0 K|
|fH°gas||206. ± 9.6||kJ/mol||Ion||Paulett and Ettinger, 1963||Mass spectra|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Laufer and Okabe, 1971
Laufer, A.H.; Okabe, H., Heat of formation and bond dissociation energy of diazomethane by a photodissociation method, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1971, 93, 4137-7140. [all data]
Paulett and Ettinger, 1963
Paulett, G.S.; Ettinger, R., Mass spectra and appearance potentials of diazirine and diazomethane, J. Chem. Phys., 1963, 39, 825-827. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.