- Formula: C10H10O4
- Molecular weight: 194.1840
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: NIQCNGHVCWTJSM-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 131-11-3
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: 1,2-Benzenedicarboxylic acid, dimethyl ester; Phthalic acid, dimethyl ester; Avolin; Dimethyl 1,2-benzenedicarboxylate; DMF, Insect repellent; DMP; Fermine; Mipax; NTM; Palatinol M; Solvanom; Solvarone; Unimoll DM; Dimethyl benzeneorthodicarboxylate; Dimethyl orthophthalate; Dimethyl benzene-o-dicarboxylate; Dimethyl o-phthalate; ENT 262; Phthalsaeuredimethylester; Dimethyl 1,2-benzendicarboxylate; Kemester DMP; Kodaflex DMP; Repeftal; Uniplex 110; 1,2-dimethyl phthalate; 1,2-Benzenedicarboxylic acid, 1,2-dimethyl ester; NSC 15398; 64441-70-9
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|fH°gas||-606.1 ± 2.7||kJ/mol||Ccb||Roux, Jimenez, et al., 1998|
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
DH - Eugene S. Domalski and Elizabeth D. Hearing
|cH°liquid||-4702.0||kJ/mol||Ccb||Handrick, 1956||Naval Powder Factory, 1952; Corresponding «DELTA»fHºliquid = -662.3 kJ/mol (simple calculation by NIST; no Washburn corrections); ALS|
|S°liquid||365.5||J/mol*K||N/A||Martynenko, Rabinovich, et al., 1970||DH|
|fH°solid||-683.8 ± 2.7||kJ/mol||Ccb||Roux, Jimenez, et al., 1998||ALS|
|cH°solid||-4680.4 ± 2.4||kJ/mol||Ccb||Roux, Jimenez, et al., 1998||Corresponding «DELTA»fHºsolid = -683.9 kJ/mol (simple calculation by NIST; no Washburn corrections); ALS|
Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid
|Cp,liquid (J/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|303.8||300.||Martynenko, Rabinovich, et al., 1970||T = 60 to 360 K.; DH|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Roux, Jimenez, et al., 1998
Roux, M.A.; Jimenez, P.; Davalos, J.Z.; Turrion, C.; Afeefy, H.Y.; Liebman, J.F., Enthalpies of formation of methyl benzenecarboxylates, J. Chem. Soc. Faraday Trans., 1998, 94, 887-890. [all data]
Handrick, G.R., Report of the study of pure explosive compounds. Part IV. Calculation of heat of combustion of organic compounds from structural features and calculation of power of high explosives, Rpt. C-58247 for the Office of the Chief of Ordnance, contract DA-19-020-ORD-47 by the Arthur D. Little, Inc., Cambridge, MA, 1956, 467-573. [all data]
Martynenko, Rabinovich, et al., 1970
Martynenko, L.Ya.; Rabinovich, I.B.; Ovchinnikov, Yu.V.; Maslova, V.A., Heat capacity of the systems polyvinyl chloride-dioctylphthalate and polyvinyl chloride-dibutylphthalate, Polymer Sci., 1970, USSR 12A, 952-961. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Cp,liquid Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid S°liquid Entropy of liquid at standard conditions cH°liquid Enthalpy of combustion of liquid at standard conditions cH°solid Enthalpy of combustion of solid at standard conditions fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions fH°solid Enthalpy of formation of solid at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.