- Formula: CHO
- Molecular weight: 29.0180
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: CFHIDWOYWUOIHU-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 2597-44-6
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
|fH°gas||10.40||kcal/mol||Review||Chase, 1998||Data last reviewed in December, 1970|
|fH°gas||10. ± 1.||kcal/mol||N/A||Tsang, 1996|
|S°gas,1 bar||53.693||cal/mol*K||Review||Chase, 1998||Data last reviewed in December, 1970|
Gas Phase Heat Capacity (Shomate Equation)
Cp° = A + B*t + C*t2 + D*t3 +
H° − H°298.15= A*t + B*t2/2 + C*t3/3 + D*t4/4 − E/t + F − H
S° = A*ln(t) + B*t + C*t2/2 + D*t3/3 − E/(2*t2) + G
Cp = heat capacity (cal/mol*K)
H° = standard enthalpy (kcal/mol)
S° = standard entropy (cal/mol*K)
t = temperature (K) / 1000.
|Temperature (K)||298. - 1200.||1200. - 6000.|
|Reference||Chase, 1998||Chase, 1998|
|Comment||Data last reviewed in December, 1970||Data last reviewed in December, 1970|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Chase, M.W., Jr., NIST-JANAF Themochemical Tables, Fourth Edition, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, Monograph 9, 1998, 1-1951. [all data]
Tsang, W., Heats of Formation of Organic Free Radicals by Kinetic Methods in Energetics of Organic Free Radicals, Martinho Simoes, J.A.; Greenberg, A.; Liebman, J.F., eds., Blackie Academic and Professional, London, 1996, 22-58. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
S°gas,1 bar Entropy of gas at standard conditions (1 bar) fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.