- Formula: H4N2
- Molecular weight: 32.0452
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: OAKJQQAXSVQMHS-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 302-01-2
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Levoxine; N2H4; Diamine; Hydrazyna; Rcra waste number U133; Hydrazine, anhydrous; Hydrazine base; Nitrogen hydride, (N2H4); Oxytreat 35
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Reaction thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. A general reaction search form is also available. Future versions of this site may rely on reaction search pages in place of the enumerated reaction displays seen below.
+ 0.5 = + + 0.5
By formula: C4H4BrNO2 + 0.5H4N2 = HBr + C4H5NO2 + 0.5N2
|rH°||-62.22 ± 0.11||kcal/mol||Cm||Howard and Skinner, 1966||solid phase; solvent: Aqueous solution; Reanalyzed by Pedley, Naylor, et al., 1986, Original value = -62.55 ± 0.11 kcal/mol|
+ 0.5 = + + 0.5
By formula: C4H4ClNO2 + 0.5H4N2 = C4H5NO2 + HCl + 0.5N2
|rH°||-67.78 ± 0.07||kcal/mol||Cm||Howard and Skinner, 1966||solid phase; solvent: Aqueous solution|
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, Notes
Howard and Skinner, 1966
Howard, P.B.; Skinner, H.A., Thermochemistry of some reactions of aqueous hydrazine with halogens, hydrogen halides and N-halogenosuccinimides, J. Chem. Soc. A, 1966, 1536-1540. [all data]
Pedley, Naylor, et al., 1986
Pedley, J.B.; Naylor, R.D.; Kirby, S.P., Thermochemical Data of Organic Compounds, Chapman and Hall, New York, 1986, 1-792. [all data]
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.