- Formula: C3F8
- Molecular weight: 188.0193
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: QYSGYZVSCZSLHT-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 76-19-7
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: Propane, octafluoro-; Freon 218; Genetron 218; Octafluoropropane; C3F8; UN 2424; 1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3-Octafluoropropane; R 218; Perflutren; Propane, 1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3-octafluoro-; Definity; DMP 115; FC 218; FC 218 (refrigerant); HFC 218; MRX 115; PFC 218
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase ion energetics data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Henry M. Rosenstock, Keith Draxl, Bruce W. Steiner, and John T. Herron
Ionization energy determinations
|13.38||PE||Dewar and Worley, 1969|
Appearance energy determinations
|Ion||AE (eV)||Other Products||Method||Reference||Comment|
|CF+||13.5||?||EI||Smith and Kevan, 1967|
|CF3+||13.4 ± 0.1||?||EI||Lifshitz and Grajower, 1969|
|C2F4+||13.5 ± 0.1||?||EI||Lifshitz and Grajower, 1969|
|C2F5+||13.9 ± 0.1||CF3||EI||Lifshitz and Grajower, 1969|
|C3F7+||15.7 ± 0.1||F||EI||Lifshitz and Grajower, 1969|
|C3F7+||15.44 ± 0.02||F||PI||Noutary, 1968|
|F+||23.5||?||EI||Bibby and Carter, 1963|
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, Notes
Dewar and Worley, 1969
Dewar, M.J.S.; Worley, S.D., Photoelectron spectra of molecules. I. Ionization potentials of some organic molecules and their interpretation, J. Chem. Phys., 1969, 50, 654. [all data]
Smith and Kevan, 1967
Smith, D.; Kevan, L., Dissociative charge exchange of rare-gas ions with C2F6 and C3F8, J. Chem. Phys., 1967, 46, 1586. [all data]
Lifshitz and Grajower, 1969
Lifshitz, C.; Grajower, R., Dissociative electron capture and dissociative ionization in perfluoropropane, Intern. J. Mass Spectrom. Ion Phys., 1969, 3, 211. [all data]
Noutary, C.J., Mass spectrometric study of some fluorocarbons and trifluoromethyl halides, J.Res. NBS, 1968, 72A, 479. [all data]
Bibby and Carter, 1963
Bibby, M.M.; Carter, G., Ionization and dissociation in some fluorocarbon gases, J. Chem. Soc. Faraday Trans., 1963, 59, 2455. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
AE Appearance energy
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.