- Formula: C13H10O3
- Molecular weight: 214.2167
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: ROORDVPLFPIABK-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 102-09-0
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Carbonic acid, diphenyl ester; Phenyl carbonate; Phenol carbonate
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|Tboil||574.7||K||N/A||Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., 1990||BS|
|Tboil||579.2||K||N/A||Weast and Grasselli, 1989||BS|
|vapH°||80.9 ± 0.6||kJ/mol||GS||Verevkin, Emel'yanenko, et al., 2008||Based on data from 355. - 381. K.; AC|
|subH°||90. ± 8.4||kJ/mol||E||Carson, Fine, et al., 1971||See also Pedley and Rylance, 1977.; AC|
|subH°||90.0 ± 8.4||kJ/mol||V||Carson, Fine, et al., 1971, 2||Hfusion=5.6±0.3; ALS|
Enthalpy of fusion
|fusH (kJ/mol)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|23.43||355.||Carson, Fine, et al., 1971||AC|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., 1990
Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., Catalog Handbook of Fine Chemicals, Aldrich Chemical Company, Inc., Milwaukee WI, 1990, 1. [all data]
Weast and Grasselli, 1989
CRC Handbook of Data on Organic Compounds, 2nd Editon, Weast,R.C and Grasselli, J.G., ed(s)., CRC Press, Inc., Boca Raton, FL, 1989, 1. [all data]
Verevkin, Emel'yanenko, et al., 2008
Verevkin, Sergey P.; Emel'yanenko, Vladimir N.; Kozlova, Svetlana A., Organic Carbonates: Experiment and ab Initio Calculations for Prediction of Thermochemical Properties, J. Phys. Chem. A, 2008, 112, 42, 10667-10673, https://doi.org/10.1021/jp8024705 . [all data]
Carson, Fine, et al., 1971
Carson, A.S.; Fine, D.H.; Gray, P.; Laye, P.G., Standard enthalpies of formation of diphenyl oxalate and benzoic anhydride and some related bond dissociation energies, J. Chem. Soc., B:, 1971, 1611, https://doi.org/10.1039/j29710001611 . [all data]
Pedley and Rylance, 1977
Pedley, J.B.; Rylance, J., , Computer Analysed Thermochemical Data: Organic and Organometallic Compounds, University of Sussex, Brighton, 1977. [all data]
Carson, Fine, et al., 1971, 2
Carson, A.S.; Fine, D.H.; Gray, P.; Laye, P.G., Standard enthalpies of formation of diphenyl oxalate and benzoic anhydride and some related bond dissociation energies, J. Chem. Soc. B, 1971, 1611-1615. [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point fusH Enthalpy of fusion subH° Enthalpy of sublimation at standard conditions vapH° Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.