NOTICE: Due to scheduled maintenance at our Gaithersburg campus, this site will not be available from 5:00 pm EDT (21:00 UTC) on Friday October 25 until 5:00 pm (21:00 UTC) on Sunday October 27. We apologize for any inconvenience this outage may cause.
- Formula: FT
- Molecular weight: 22.0144525
- Information on this page:
Constants of diatomic molecules
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Klaus P. Huber and Gerhard H. Herzberg
Data collected through January, 1977
|State||electronic state and / or symmetry symbol|
|Te||minimum electronic energy (cm-1)|
|ωe||vibrational constant – first term (cm-1)|
|ωexe||vibrational constant – second term (cm-1)|
|ωeye||vibrational constant – third term (cm-1)|
|Be||rotational constant in equilibrium position (cm-1)|
|αe||rotational constant – first term (cm-1)|
|γe||rotation-vibration interaction constant (cm-1)|
|De||centrifugal distortion constant (cm-1)|
|βe||rotational constant – first term, centrifugal force (cm-1)|
|re||internuclear distance (Å)|
|Trans.||observed transition(s) corresponding to electronic state|
|ν00||position of 0-0 band (units noted in table)|
|X 1+||0||2508.54 1 Z||32.54 1||7.692||0.176||0.0019||[2.6E-4]||0.9176|
|↳Jones and Goldblatt, 1957|
|1||From the 1-0 and 2-0 rotation-vibration bands using calculated values of eye and eze Jones and Goldblatt, 1957.|
Go To: Top, Constants of diatomic molecules, Notes
Jones and Goldblatt, 1957
Jones, L.H.; Goldblatt, M., Infrared spectrum and molecular constants of gaseous tritium fluoride, J. Mol. Spectrosc., 1957, 1, 43-48. [all data]
Go To: Top, Constants of diatomic molecules, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.