- Formula: C3H8S
- Molecular weight: 76.161
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: KJRCEJOSASVSRA-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 75-33-2
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Isopropanethiol; Isopropyl mercaptan; Isopropylthiol; 1-Methylethanethiol; 2-Mercaptopropane; 2-Propylmercaptan; iso-C3H7SH; Propanethiol-(2); 2-Propylthiol; NSC 87537; propane-2-thiol
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, "lite" edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, professional edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
DH - Eugene S. Domalski and Elizabeth D. Hearing
|fH°liquid||-25.47 ± 0.15||kcal/mol||Ccr||Hubbard and Waddington, 1954||Heat of combustion calculated author's U=-671.76; ALS|
|cH°liquid||-673.83 ± 0.11||kcal/mol||Ccr||Hubbard and Waddington, 1954||Heat of combustion calculated author's U=-671.76; ALS|
|S°liquid||55.820||cal/mol*K||N/A||McCullough, Finke, et al., 1954||DH|
Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid
|Cp,liquid (cal/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|34.739||298.15||McCullough, Finke, et al., 1954||T = 12 to 322 K.; DH|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Hubbard and Waddington, 1954
Hubbard, W.N.; Waddington, G., The heat of combustion, formation and isomerization of propanethiol-1, propane-thiol-2 and 2-thiabutane, Rec. Trav. Chim. Pays/Bas, 1954, 73, 910. [all data]
McCullough, Finke, et al., 1954
McCullough, J.P.; Finke, H.L.; Gross, M.E.; Messerly, J.F.; Pennington, R.E.; Waddington, G., 2-Propanethiol: experimental thermodynamic studies from 12 to 500 K. The chemical thermodynamic properties from 0 to 1000 K, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1954, 76, 4796-4802. [all data]
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Cp,liquid Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid S°liquid Entropy of liquid at standard conditions cH°liquid Enthalpy of combustion of liquid at standard conditions fH°liquid Enthalpy of formation of liquid at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.