- Formula: BrH
- Molecular weight: 80.912
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: CPELXLSAUQHCOX-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 10035-10-6
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Hydrobromic acid; Anhydrous hydrobromic acid; HBr; Hydrogen bromide, anhydrous-; Acide bromhydrique; Acido bromidrico; Bromowodor; Bromwasserstoff; Broomwaterstof; UN 1048; UN 1788; Hydrogen monobromide
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Chris Muzny, director
|Tfus||186.1||K||N/A||Dreisbach, 1955||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.02 K; TRC|
|Tfus||187.2||K||N/A||Maass and Russell, 1918||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 1. K; TRC|
|Tfus||187.15||K||N/A||Beckmann and Waentig, 1910||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 1.5 K; TRC|
Antoine Equation Parameters
log10(P) = A − (B / (T + C))
P = vapor pressure (bar)
T = temperature (K)
|134.3 - 206.7||4.02419||695.466||-33.542||Stull, 1947||Coefficents calculated by NIST from author's data.|
|206.7 - 343.8||4.15585||754.969||-25.086||Stull, 1947||Coefficents calculated by NIST from author's data.|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Dreisbach, R.R., Physical Properties of Chemical Compounds, Advances in Chemistry Series No. 15, Am. Chem. Soc.: Washington, D. C., 1955. [all data]
Maass and Russell, 1918
Maass, O.; Russell, J., Unsaturation and molecular compound formation, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1918, 40, 1561-1573. [all data]
Beckmann and Waentig, 1910
Beckmann, E.; Waentig, P., Cryoscopic Measurements at Low Temperatures, Z. Anorg. Chem., 1910, 67, 17. [all data]
Stull, Daniel R., Vapor Pressure of Pure Substances. Organic and Inorganic Compounds, Ind. Eng. Chem., 1947, 39, 4, 517-540, https://doi.org/10.1021/ie50448a022 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tfus Fusion (melting) point
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.