- Formula: C6H14O
- Molecular weight: 102.1748
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: HVZJRWJGKQPSFL-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 994-05-8
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Ether, methyl tert-pentyl; tert-Amyl Methyl ether; Methyl tert-pentyl ether; 1,1-Dimethylpropyl methyl ether; 2-Methyl-2-methoxybutane; Methyl 2-methyl-2-butyl ether; 2-Methoxy-2-methylbutane
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
DH - Eugene S. Domalski and Elizabeth D. Hearing
|fH°liquid||-81.69 ± 0.19||kcal/mol||Ccb||Rozhnov, Safronov, et al., 1991||Unpublished Hv; ALS|
|cH°liquid||-960.82 ± 0.17||kcal/mol||Ccb||Rozhnov, Safronov, et al., 1991||Unpublished Hv; Corresponding «DELTA»fHºliquid = -81.692 kcal/mol (simple calculation by NIST; no Washburn corrections); ALS|
Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid
|Cp,liquid (cal/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|53.1||298.||Evans and Edlund, 1936||DH|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Rozhnov, Safronov, et al., 1991
Rozhnov, A.M.; Safronov, V.V.; Verevkin, S.P.; Sharonov, K.G.; Alenin, V.I., Enthalpy of combustion and enthalpy of vaporization of 2-ethyl-2-methoxypropane and thermodynamics of its gas-phase synthesis from (methanol + a 2-methylbutene), J. Chem. Thermodyn., 1991, 23, 629-635. [all data]
Evans and Edlund, 1936
Evans, T.W.; Edlund, K.R., Tertiary alkyl ethers preparation and properties, Ind. Eng. Chem., 1936, 28, 1186-1188. [all data]
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Cp,liquid Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid cH°liquid Enthalpy of combustion of liquid at standard conditions fH°liquid Enthalpy of formation of liquid at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.