- Formula: C6H5NO2
- Molecular weight: 123.1094
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: LQNUZADURLCDLV-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 98-95-3
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Essence of Mirbane; Essence of Myrbane; Mirbane oil; Nitrobenzene; Nitrobenzol; Oil of Mirbane; Oil of Myrbane; Nitrobenzeen; Nitrobenzen; NCI-C60082; Rcra waste number U169; UN 1662; NSC 9573
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|fH°gas||68.53 ± 0.67||kJ/mol||Ccb||Lebedeva, Katin, et al., 1971||Reanalyzed by Pedley, Naylor, et al., 1986, Original value = 65.77 ± 0.42 kJ/mol|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Lebedeva, Katin, et al., 1971
Lebedeva, N.D.; Katin, Y.A.; Akhmedova, G.Y., Standard enthalpy of formation of nitrobenzene, Russ. J. Phys. Chem. (Engl. Transl.), 1971, 45, 1192-1193. [all data]
Pedley, Naylor, et al., 1986
Pedley, J.B.; Naylor, R.D.; Kirby, S.P., Thermochemical Data of Organic Compounds, Chapman and Hall, New York, 1986, 1-792. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.