- Formula: C3H4O3
- Molecular weight: 88.0621
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: KMTRUDSVKNLOMY-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 96-49-1
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: Carbonic acid, cyclic ethylene ester; Cyclic ethylene carbonate; Ethylene carbonate; Ethylene glycol carbonate; Glycol carbonate; 2-Dioxolone; Dioxolone-2; Ethylene glycol, cyclic carbonate; 1,3-Dioxacyclopentan-2-one; Ethylenester kyseliny uhlicite; Texacar EC; NSC 11801
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
GT - Glushko Thermocenter, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow
|fH°gas||-503.0 ± 4.2||kJ/mol||Ccb||Choi and Joncich, 1971||Reanalyzed by Pedley, Naylor, et al., 1986, Original value = -604.30 kJ/mol; Pedley's value is off by 24.20kcal/mol; ALS|
Constant pressure heat capacity of gas
|Cp,gas (J/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|81.6||298.15||Vasilev I.A., 1984||GT|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Choi and Joncich, 1971
Choi, J.K.; Joncich, M.J., Heats of combustion, heats of formation and vapor pressures of some organic carbonates. Estimation of carbonate group contribution to heat of formation, J. Chem. Eng. Data, 1971, 16, 87-90. [all data]
Pedley, Naylor, et al., 1986
Pedley, J.B.; Naylor, R.D.; Kirby, S.P., Thermochemical Data of Organic Compounds, Chapman and Hall, New York, 1986, 1-792. [all data]
Vasilev I.A., 1984
Vasilev I.A., Thermodynamic Properties of Oxygen-Containing Organic Compounds. Khimiya, Leningrad, 1984. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Cp,gas Constant pressure heat capacity of gas fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.