- Formula: C6H14
- Molecular weight: 86.1754
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: PFEOZHBOMNWTJB-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 96-14-0
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: 3-Methylpentane; (C2H5)2CHCH3; UN 1208; UN 2462
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, "lite" edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, professional edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions (nominally 298.15 K, 1 atm.)
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|30.47||N/A||Majer and Svoboda, 1985|
|30.3 ± 0.1||C||Majer, Svoboda, et al., 1979||AC|
|30.19 ± 0.03||C||Wadso, 1966||ALS|
|30.3 ± 0.1||C||Osborne and Ginnings, 1947||AC|
|30.27||C||Osborne and Ginnings, 1947, 2||ALS|
Go To: Top, Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions (nominally 298.15 K, 1 atm.), Notes
Majer and Svoboda, 1985
Majer, V.; Svoboda, V., Enthalpies of Vaporization of Organic Compounds: A Critical Review and Data Compilation, Blackwell Scientific Publications, Oxford, 1985, 300. [all data]
Majer, Svoboda, et al., 1979
Majer, Vladimír; Svoboda, Václav; Hála, Slavoj; Pick, Jirí, Temperature dependence of heats of vaporization of saturated hydrocarbons C5-C8; Experimental data and an estimation method, Collect. Czech. Chem. Commun., 1979, 44, 3, 637-651, https://doi.org/10.1135/cccc19790637 . [all data]
Reid, Robert C., Handbook on vapor pressure and heats of vaporization of hydrocarbons and related compounds, R. C. Wilhort and B. J. Zwolinski, Texas A Research Foundation. College Station, Texas(1971). 329 pages.$10.00, AIChE J., 1972, 18, 6, 1278-1278, https://doi.org/10.1002/aic.690180637 . [all data]
Wadso, I., A heat of vaporization calorimeter for work at 25°C and for small amounts of substances, Acta Chem. Scand., 1966, 20, 536. [all data]
Osborne and Ginnings, 1947
Osborne, Nathan S.; Ginnings, Defoe C., Measurements of heat of vaporization and heat capacity of a number of hydrocarbons, J. RES. NATL. BUR. STAN., 1947, 39, 5, 453-17, https://doi.org/10.6028/jres.039.031 . [all data]
Osborne and Ginnings, 1947, 2
Osborne, N.S.; Ginnings, D.C., Measurements of heat of vaporization and heat capacity of a number of hydrocarbons, J. Res. NBS, 1947, 39, 453-477. [all data]
Go To: Top, Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions (nominally 298.15 K, 1 atm.), References
- Symbols used in this document:
vapH° Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.