- Formula: C6H8O4
- Molecular weight: 144.1253
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: JJTUDXZGHPGLLC-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 95-96-5
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Species with the same structure:
- Other names: p-Dioxane-2,5-dione, 3,6-dimethyl-; Lactide; Propanoic acid, 2-hydroxy-, bimol. cyclic ester; 3,6-Dimethyl-2,5-dioxo-1,4-dioxane; 3,6-Dimethyl-1,4-dioxane-2,5-dione; dl-Lactide; dilactide
- Information on this page:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Mass spectrum (electron ionization), References, Notes
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|fH°solid||-792.1 ± 1.7||kJ/mol||Ccb||Kulagina, Lebedev, et al., 1982|
|cH°solid||-2712.5 ± 1.7||kJ/mol||Ccb||Kulagina, Lebedev, et al., 1982||Corresponding «DELTA»fHºsolid = -791.9 kJ/mol (simple calculation by NIST; no Washburn corrections)|
Phase change data
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Mass spectrum (electron ionization), References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
Reduced pressure boiling point
|Tboil (K)||Pressure (bar)||Reference||Comment|
|415.2||0.01||Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., 1990||BS|
Enthalpy of fusion
|fusH (kJ/mol)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|24.7||397.5||Domalski and Hearing, 1996||AC|
Mass spectrum (electron ionization)
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Phase change data, References, Notes
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
Select a region with data to zoom. Select a region with no data or click the mouse on the plot to revert to the orginal display.
The following components were used in generating the plot:
- jQuery UI
- Plugins for Flot:
Use or mention of technologies or programs in this web site is not intended to imply recommendation or endorsement by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, nor is it intended to imply that these items are necessarily the best available for the purpose.
View image of digitized spectrum (can be printed in landscape orientation).
Download spectrum in JCAMP-DX format.
|Owner||NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center|
Collection (C) 2014 copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce
on behalf of the United States of America. All rights reserved.
|NIST MS number||4158|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Phase change data, Mass spectrum (electron ionization), Notes
Kulagina, Lebedev, et al., 1982
Kulagina, T.G.; Lebedev, B.V.; Kiparisova, Ye.G.; Lyudvig, Ye.B.; Barskaya, I.G., Thermodynamics of dl-lactide, polylactide and polymerization of dl-lactide in the range of 0-430K, Polym. Sci. USSR, 1982, 24, 1702-1708. [all data]
Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., 1990
Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., Catalog Handbook of Fine Chemicals, Aldrich Chemical Company, Inc., Milwaukee WI, 1990, 1. [all data]
Domalski and Hearing, 1996
Domalski, Eugene S.; Hearing, Elizabeth D., Heat Capacities and Entropies of Organic Compounds in the Condensed Phase. Volume III, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, 1996, 25, 1, 1, https://doi.org/10.1063/1.555985 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Phase change data, Mass spectrum (electron ionization), References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point cH°solid Enthalpy of combustion of solid at standard conditions fH°solid Enthalpy of formation of solid at standard conditions fusH Enthalpy of fusion
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.