- Formula: C8H10
- Molecular weight: 106.1650
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: CTQNGGLPUBDAKN-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 95-47-6
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Benzene, 1,2-dimethyl-; o-Dimethylbenzene; o-Methyltoluene; o-Xylol; 1,2-Dimethylbenzene; 1,2-Xylene; 3,4-Xylene; ortho-Xylene; NSC 60920; 2-Methyltoluene; UN 1307; 1,2-dimethyl-benzene ( o-xylene)
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, "lite" edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, professional edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Lee's RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
|Column length (m)||60.||30.|
|Column diameter (mm)||0.25||0.30|
|Phase thickness (m)||0.25|
|Program||not specified||50 0C (2 min) 8 0C/min -> 120 0C (3 min) 10 0C/min -> 230 0C|
|Reference||Aracil, Font, et al., 2005||Cheng, Liu, et al., 2005|
Go To: Top, Lee's RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program, Notes
Aracil, Font, et al., 2005
Aracil, I.; Font, R.; Conesa, J.A., Semivolatile and volatile compounds from the pyrolysis and combustion of polyvinyl chloride, J. Anal. Appl. Pyrolysis, 2005, 74, 1-2, 465-478, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaap.2004.09.008 . [all data]
Cheng, Liu, et al., 2005
Cheng, D.-X.; Liu, B.-X.; Sun, Y.-A.; Xie, B.; Zhang, H.-L., rapid analysis of pyrolysis products of cholesterol by GC-MS assited with boiling point - Lee retention index, journal of Instrumental Analysis - Fenxi ceshi xuebao, 2005, 24, 6, 85-88. [all data]
Go To: Top, Lee's RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.