- Formula: C7H8O3
- Molecular weight: 140.1366
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: LPYUENQFPVNPHY-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 934-00-9
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Pyrocatechol, 3-methoxy-; Pyrogallol 1-methyl ether; Pyrogallol 1-monomethyl ether; 1,2-Dihydroxy-3-methoxybenzene; 2,3-Dihydroxyanisole; 3-Methoxy-1,2-benzenediol; 3-Methoxycatechol; 3-Methoxypyrocatechol; 1-O-Methylpyrogallol; 3-Methoxy-o-hydroquinone; 6-Methoxycatechol; NSC 66525; 3-Methoxy-1,2-benzenediol (3-methoxypyrocatechol); Catechol, 3-methoxy
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
DRB - Donald R. Burgess, Jr.
|vapH°||91.7 ± 0.8||kJ/mol||N/A||Ribeiro Da Silva, Ribeiro Da Silva, et al., 1986||AC|
|subH°||91.7 ± 0.8||kJ/mol||C||Ribeiro Da Silva, Ribeiro Da Silva, et al., 1986||ALS|
|subH°||91.7||kJ/mol||N/A||Ribeiro Da Silva, Ribeiro Da Silva, et al., 1986||DRB|
Reduced pressure boiling point
|Tboil (K)||Pressure (bar)||Reference||Comment|
|419.7||0.020||Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., 1990||BS|
|402.2||0.013||Weast and Grasselli, 1989||BS|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Ribeiro Da Silva, Ribeiro Da Silva, et al., 1986
Ribeiro Da Silva, M.D.M.C.; Ribeiro Da Silva, M.A.V.; Pilcher, G., Enthalpies of combustion of the three trihydroxybenzenes and of 3-methoxycatechol and 4-nitrocatechol, J. Chem. Thermodyn., 1986, 18, 295-300. [all data]
Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., 1990
Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., Catalog Handbook of Fine Chemicals, Aldrich Chemical Company, Inc., Milwaukee WI, 1990, 1. [all data]
Weast and Grasselli, 1989
CRC Handbook of Data on Organic Compounds, 2nd Editon, Weast,R.C and Grasselli, J.G., ed(s)., CRC Press, Inc., Boca Raton, FL, 1989, 1. [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point subH° Enthalpy of sublimation at standard conditions vapH° Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.