- Formula: C9H20O
- Molecular weight: 144.2545
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: RIAWWRJHTAZJSU-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 929-56-6
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: n-Octyl methyl ether; Ether, methyl octyl; Octyl methyl ether; Methyl octyl ether; 1-Methoxyoctane
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Chris Muzny, director
|Tboil||445.2||K||N/A||Devaney and Panian, 1953||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.8 K|
|Tfus||220.7||K||N/A||Devaney and Panian, 1953||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.8 K|
|Tfus||216.7||K||N/A||Timmermans, 1922||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.5 K|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Devaney and Panian, 1953
Devaney, L.W.; Panian, G.W., Preparation and properties of some octyl ethers, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1953, 75, 4836-7. [all data]
Timmermans, J., Investigation of the Freezing Point of Organic Substances VII, Bull. Soc. Chim. Belg., 1922, 31, 389. [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point Tfus Fusion (melting) point
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.