- Formula: C12H10
- Molecular weight: 154.2078
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: ZUOUZKKEUPVFJK-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 92-52-4
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: 1,1'-Biphenyl; Bibenzene; Diphenyl; Phenylbenzene; 1,1'-Diphenyl; Lemonene; Phenador-X; PhPh; Xenene; Carolid AL; Tetrosin LY; NSC 14916; 1,1-Biphenyl
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, "lite" edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, professional edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Kenneth Kroenlein director
|773. ± 3.||Tsonopoulos and Ambrose, 1995|
|773.||Ellard and Yanko, 1963||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 3. K; TRC|
|777.||Reiter, 1963||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 6. K; TRC|
|789.||Mandel and Ewbank, 1960||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 5.6 K; TRC|
|769.||Glaser and Ruland, 1957||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 3. K; TRC|
|800.||Cunningham, 1930||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 11.11 K; probably an estimated value; TRC|
|768.75||Guye and Mallet, 1902||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 2. K; TRC|
Go To: Top, Critical temperature, Notes
Tsonopoulos and Ambrose, 1995
Tsonopoulos, C.; Ambrose, D., Vapor-Liquid Critical Properties of Elements and Compounds. 3. Aromatic Hydrocarbons, J. Chem. Eng. Data, 1995, 40, 547-558. [all data]
Ellard and Yanko, 1963
Ellard, J.A.; Yanko, W.H., , U. S. A. E. C. Rep. IDO-11008, 1963. [all data]
Reiter, R.W., , NASA Doc. N63-19495 1963 1963, 1963. [all data]
Mandel and Ewbank, 1960
Mandel, H.; Ewbank, N., , Atomics International NAA-S-R-5129 1960, 1960. [all data]
Glaser and Ruland, 1957
Glaser, F.; Ruland, H., Untersuchungsen über dampfdruckkurven und kritische daten einiger technisch wichtiger organischer substanzen, Chem. Ing. Techn., 1957, 29, 772. [all data]
Cunningham, G.V., Power, 1930, 72, 374. [all data]
Guye and Mallet, 1902
Guye, P.A.; Mallet, E., Measurement of Critical Constants, Arch. Sci. Phys. Nat., 1902, 13, 274-296. [all data]
Go To: Top, Critical temperature, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tc Critical temperature
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.