- Formula: C10H8
- Molecular weight: 128.1705
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: UFWIBTONFRDIAS-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 91-20-3
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Albocarbon; Dezodorator; Moth flakes; Naphthalin; Naphthaline; Naphthene; Tar camphor; White tar; Camphor tar; Moth balls; Naftalen; NCI-C52904; Mighty 150; Mighty RD1; Rcra waste number U165; UN 1334; UN 2304; NSC 37565
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, "lite" edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, professional edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Kovats' RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
|Active phase||HP-1||DB-5||Petrocol DH-100||DB-1||SE-30|
|Column length (m)||30.||30.||100.||60.||1.5|
|Substrate||Chromosorb G HP (80-100 mesh)|
|Column diameter (mm)||0.25||0.26||0.2||0.32|
|Phase thickness (m)||0.25||0.25||1.0|
|Program||35C => 2C/min => 100C => 5C/min => 230C(2min)||not specified||5C(10min) => 5C/min => 50C(48min) => 1.5C/min => 195C(91min)||-40 C for 12 min; -40 - 125 C at 3 deg.min; 125-185 C at 6 deg/min; 185 - 220 C at 20 deg/min; hold 220 C for 2 min||not specified|
|Reference||Wongpornchai, Sriseadka, et al., 2003||Adams, 1998||Haagen-Smit Laboratory, 1997||Hoekman, 1993||Ramsey, Lee, et al., 1980|
Go To: Top, Kovats' RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program, Notes
Wongpornchai, Sriseadka, et al., 2003
Wongpornchai, S.; Sriseadka, T.; Choonvisase, S., Identification and quantitation of the rice aroma compound, 2-acetyl-1-pyrroline, in bread flowers (Vallaris glabra Ktze), J. Agric. Food Chem., 2003, 51, 2, 457-462, https://doi.org/10.1021/jf025856x . [all data]
Adams, R.P., The essential oils and chemotaxonomy of Juniperus sect. Juniperus, Biochem. Syst. Ecol., 1998, 26, 6, 637-645, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0305-1978(98)00020-9 . [all data]
Haagen-Smit Laboratory, 1997
Haagen-Smit Laboratory, Procedure for the detailed hydrocarbon analysis of gasolines by single column high efficiency (capillary) column gas chromatography, SOP NO. MLD 118, Revision No. 1.1, California Environmental Protection Agency, Air Resources Board, El Monte, California, 1997, 22. [all data]
Hoekman, S.K., Improved gas chromatography procedure for speciated hydrocarbon measurements of vehicle emissions, J. Chromatogr., 1993, 639, 2, 239-253, https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9673(93)80260-F . [all data]
Ramsey, Lee, et al., 1980
Ramsey, J.D.; Lee, T.D.; Osselton, M.D.; Moffat, A.C., Gas-liquid chromatographic retention indices of 296 non-drug substances on SE-30 or OV-1 likely to be encountered in toxicological analyses, J. Chromatogr., 1980, 184, 2, 185-206, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(00)85641-1 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Kovats' RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.