- Formula: C10H8
- Molecular weight: 128.1705
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: UFWIBTONFRDIAS-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 91-20-3
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Albocarbon; Dezodorator; Moth flakes; Naphthalin; Naphthaline; Naphthene; Tar camphor; White tar; Camphor tar; Moth balls; Naftalen; NCI-C52904; Mighty 150; Mighty RD1; Rcra waste number U165; UN 1334; UN 2304; NSC 37565
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, "lite" edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, professional edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Coblentz Society, Inc.
Gas Phase Spectrum
Select a region with data to zoom. Select a region with no data or click the mouse on the plot to revert to the orginal display.
The following components were used in generating the plot:
- jQuery UI
- Plugins for Flot:
Use or mention of technologies or programs in this web site is not intended to imply recommendation or endorsement by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, nor is it intended to imply that these items are necessarily the best available for the purpose.
Notice: Except where noted, spectra from this collection were measured on dispersive instruments, often in carefully selected solvents, and hence may differ in detail from measurements on FTIR instruments or in other chemical environments. More information on the manner in which spectra in this collection were collected can be found here.
Notice: Concentration information is not available for this spectrum and, therefore, molar absorptivity values cannot be derived.
View image of digitized spectrum (can be printed in landscape orientation).
Download spectrum in JCAMP-DX format.
Collection (C) 2018 copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce
on behalf of the United States of America. All rights reserved.
|Origin||MONSANTO (JOHN J. FREEMAN)|
|Source reference||COBLENTZ NO. 10554|
|State||VAPOR (1.0 MICROLITER AT 245 C)|
|Instrument parameters||Hg-Cd-Te DETECTOR - TYPE A, DEAD BELOW 680 CM-1, LOW S/N 710 - 680|
|Path length||0.2 CM x 30 CM GOLD-PLATED LIGHT PIPE. HELIUM CARRIER. INTERFEROGRAMS CO-ADDED FOR FULL TRANSIT TIME.|
|Data processing||DIGITIZED BY NIST FROM HARD COPY (FROM TWO SEGMENTS)|
|Boiling point||218 C|
Go To: Top, Infrared Spectrum, Notes
No reference data available.
Go To: Top, Infrared Spectrum, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.