- Formula: C13H8O2
- Molecular weight: 196.2014
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: JNELGWHKGNBSMD-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 90-47-1
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: 9H-Xanthen-9-one; Xanthen-9-one; Benzophenone oxide; Dibenzo-«gamma»-pyrone; Diphenylene ketone oxide; E 6; Genicide; Xanthene, 9-oxo-; 9-Oxoxanthene; 9H-Xanthene, 9-oxo-; 9-Xanthenone; Xanthenone; 9-Xanthone; NSC 14978; dibenzopyranone
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
DH - Eugene S. Domalski and Elizabeth D. Hearing
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
DRB - Donald R. Burgess, Jr.
|subH°||102.7 ± 2.3||kJ/mol||C||Freitas, Gomes, et al., 2009||AC|
|subH°||98.57 ± 0.36||kJ/mol||C||Sabbah and El Watik, 1988||Hfusion=26.12±0.24 kJ/mol; ALS|
|subH°||98.6||kJ/mol||N/A||Sabbah and El Watik, 1988||DRB|
|subH°||98.6 ± 0.4||kJ/mol||C||Sabbah and Watik, 1988||AC|
|subH°||112. ± 6.3||kJ/mol||E||Kim, Winans, et al., 1978||ALS|
Reduced pressure boiling point
|Tboil (K)||Pressure (bar)||Reference||Comment|
|622.7||0.973||Weast and Grasselli, 1989||BS|
Enthalpy of vaporization
|vapH (kJ/mol)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|98.570||298.15||Sabbah and El Watik, 1988||DH|
Enthalpy of fusion
|fusH (kJ/mol)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|26.120||449.63||Sabbah and El Watik, 1988||DH|
|26.12||449.7||Domalski and Hearing, 1996||AC|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Freitas, Gomes, et al., 2009
Freitas, Vera L.S.; Gomes, José R.B.; Ribeiro da Silva, Maria D.M.C., Energetic studies of two oxygen heterocyclic compounds Xanthone and tetrahydro-«947»-pyrone, J Therm Anal Calorim, 2009, 97, 3, 827-833, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10973-009-0233-y . [all data]
Sabbah and El Watik, 1988
Sabbah, R.; El Watik, L., Thermodynamic study of two simple molecules encountered as products of the pyrolysis of coal: chromone and xanthone, Bull. Soc. Chim. France, 1988, 626-630. [all data]
Sabbah and Watik, 1988
Sabbah, R.; Watik, L.E., Thermodynamic study of two simple molecules encountered as products of the pyrolysis of coal: chromone and xanthone, Bull. Soc. Chim. Fr., 1988, 4, 626. [all data]
Kim, Winans, et al., 1978
Kim, K.Y.; Winans, R.E.; Hubbard, W.N.; Johnson, C.E., Thermochemistry of coal components. 1. Xanthone, J. Phys. Chem., 1978, 82, 402-405. [all data]
Weast and Grasselli, 1989
CRC Handbook of Data on Organic Compounds, 2nd Editon, Weast,R.C and Grasselli, J.G., ed(s)., CRC Press, Inc., Boca Raton, FL, 1989, 1. [all data]
Domalski and Hearing, 1996
Domalski, Eugene S.; Hearing, Elizabeth D., Heat Capacities and Entropies of Organic Compounds in the Condensed Phase. Volume III, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, 1996, 25, 1, 1, https://doi.org/10.1063/1.555985 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point fusH Enthalpy of fusion subH° Enthalpy of sublimation at standard conditions vapH Enthalpy of vaporization
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.