- Formula: C10H2O6
- Molecular weight: 218.1193
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: ANSXAPJVJOKRDJ-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 89-32-7
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: 1,2,4,5-Benzenetetracarboxylic anhydride; 1,2,4,5-Benzenetetracarboxylic dianhydride; 1H,3H-Benzo[1,2-c:4,5-c']difuran-1,3,5,7-tetrone; Benzene-1,2:4,5-tetracarboxylic dianhydride; Pyromellitic acid anhydride; Pyromellitic acid dianhydride; Pyromellitic anhydride; 1,2,4,5-Benzenetetracarboxylic 1,2:4,5-dianhydride; NSC 4798; Pyromellitic 1,2:4,5-dianhydride
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Reaction thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. A general reaction search form is also available. Future versions of this site may rely on reaction search pages in place of the enumerated reaction displays seen below.
2 + =
By formula: 2H2O + C10H2O6 = C10H6O8
|rH°||-71.5 ± 0.57||kJ/mol||Cm||Alekseev, Kizaev, et al., 1989||solid phase; solvent: Aqueous; Enthapy of anhydridisation|
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, Notes
Alekseev, Kizaev, et al., 1989
Alekseev, V.G.; Kizaev, V.D.; Fedyainov, N.V.; Bushinskii, V.I., Standard enthalpies of anhydridisation of phthalic and pyromellitic acids, Russ. J. Phys. Chem. (Engl. Transl.), 1989, 63, 1280-1282. [all data]
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.