- Formula: C6H6OS
- Molecular weight: 126.176
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: WYJOVVXUZNRJQY-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 88-15-3
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Ketone, methyl 2-thienyl; Methyl 2-thienyl ketone; 2-Acetothienone; 2-Acetylthiophene; 2-Thienyl methyl ketone; 2-Acetylthiophen; 2-Acetothiophene; 1-(2-Thienyl)ethanone; 2-Acethylthiophene; NSC 2345
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Van Den Dool and Kratz RI, polar column, custom temperature program
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
|Active phase||FFAP||CP-Wax 52CB||FFAP||FFAP|
|Column length (m)||30.||50.||30.||30.|
|Column diameter (mm)||0.32||0.32||0.32||0.32|
|Phase thickness (m)||0.25||0.21||0.25||0.25|
|Program||35C(2min) => 40C/min => 60C(5min) => 6C/min => 230C(15min)||0C(5min) => fast => 60C(5min) => 4C/min => 220C(20min)||40C (2min) => 40C/min => 60C (5min) => 6C/min => 230C (15min)||40C (2min) => 40C/min => 60C (5min) => 6C/min => 230C (15min)|
|Reference||Hofmann and Schieberle, 1998||Madruga and Mottram, 1998||Hofmann and Schieberle, 1997||Hofmann and Schieberle, 1997|
Go To: Top, Van Den Dool and Kratz RI, polar column, custom temperature program, Notes
Hofmann and Schieberle, 1998
Hofmann, T.; Schieberle, P., Identification of key aroma compounds generated from cysteine and carbohydrates under roasting conditions, Z. Lebensm. Unters. Forsch. A, 1998, 207, 3, 229-236, https://doi.org/10.1007/s002170050324 . [all data]
Madruga and Mottram, 1998
Madruga, M.S.; Mottram, D.S., The effect of pH on the formation of volatile compounds produced by heating a model system containing 5'-imp and cysteine, J. Braz. Chem. Soc., 1998, 9, 3, 261-271, https://doi.org/10.1590/S0103-50531998000300010 . [all data]
Hofmann and Schieberle, 1997
Hofmann, T.; Schieberle, P., Identification of potent aroma compounds in thermally treated mixtures of glucose/cysteine and rhamnose/cysteine using aroma extract dilution techniques, J. Agric. Food Chem., 1997, 45, 3, 898-906, https://doi.org/10.1021/jf960456t . [all data]
Go To: Top, Van Den Dool and Kratz RI, polar column, custom temperature program, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.