- Formula: C8H9ClO
- Molecular weight: 156.609
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: OSDLLIBGSJNGJE-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 88-04-0
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: Phenol, 4-chloro-3,5-dimethyl-; 3,5-Xylenol, 4-chloro-; p-Chloro-m-xylenol; p-Chloro-3,5-xylenol; Benzytol; Desson; Dettol; Dettol, liquid antiseptic; Espadol; Husept extra; Ottasept; Ottasept extra; PCMX; RBA 777; 3,5-Dimethyl-4-chlorophenol; 4-Chloro-m-xylenol; 4-Chloro-3,5-dimethylphenol; 4-Chloro-3,5-xylenol; Willenol V; 2-Chloro-5-hydroxy-1,3-dimethylbenzene; 4-Chloro-1-hydroxy-3,5-dimethylbenzene; 2-Chloro-5-hydroxy-m-xylene; 2-Chloro-m-xylenol; Nipacide mx; Camel; Ayrtol; p-Chloro-3,5-dimethylphenol; Nipacide PX; Para-chloro-meta-xylenol; Parametaxylenol; Septiderm-hydrochloride; m-Xylenol, 4-chloro-; NSC 4971
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Van Den Dool and Kratz RI, non-polar column, temperature ramp
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
|Column length (m)||30.|
|Column diameter (mm)||0.25|
|Phase thickness (m)||0.25|
|Heat rate (K/min)||5.|
|Initial hold (min)||2.|
|Final hold (min)||6.|
|Reference||Colahan-Sederstrom and Peterson, 2005|
Go To: Top, Van Den Dool and Kratz RI, non-polar column, temperature ramp, Notes
Colahan-Sederstrom and Peterson, 2005
Colahan-Sederstrom, P.M.; Peterson, D.G., Inhibition of key aroma compound generated during ultrahigh-temperature processing of bovine milk via epicatechin addition, J. Agric. Food Chem., 2005, 53, 2, 398-402, https://doi.org/10.1021/jf0487248 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Van Den Dool and Kratz RI, non-polar column, temperature ramp, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tend Final temperature Tstart Initial temperature
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.