- Formula: C13H12S
- Molecular weight: 200.299
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: LKMCJXXOBRCATQ-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 831-91-4
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Benzyl phenyl sulfide; Phenyl benzyl sulfide; Sulfide, benzyl phenyl; 1,2-Diphenyl-1-thiaethane; benzyl phenyl sulphide
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
|subH°||98.4 ± 1.4||kJ/mol||C||Mulder, Mozenson, et al., 2006||AC|
Reduced pressure boiling point
|Tboil (K)||Pressure (bar)||Reference||Comment|
|470.2||0.036||Weast and Grasselli, 1989||BS|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Mulder, Mozenson, et al., 2006
Mulder, Peter; Mozenson, Olga; Lin, Shuqiong; Bernardes, Carlos E.S.; Minas da Piedade, Manuel E.; Santos, Ana Filipa L.O.M.; Ribeiro da Silva, Manuel A.V.; DiLabio, Gino A.; Korth, Hans-Gert; Ingold, K.U., Effect of Ring Substitution on the S-H Bond Dissociation Enthalpies of Thiophenols. An Experimental and Computational Study, J. Phys. Chem. A, 2006, 110, 32, 9949-9958, https://doi.org/10.1021/jp062781h . [all data]
Weast and Grasselli, 1989
CRC Handbook of Data on Organic Compounds, 2nd Editon, Weast,R.C and Grasselli, J.G., ed(s)., CRC Press, Inc., Boca Raton, FL, 1989, 1. [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point subH° Enthalpy of sublimation at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.