- Formula: C5H8O2
- Molecular weight: 100.1158
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: VVQNEPGJFQJSBK-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 80-62-6
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: 2-Propenoic acid, 2-methyl-, methyl ester; Methacrylic acid methyl ester; Diakon; Methyl 2-methyl-2-propenoate; Methyl 2-methylpropenoate; MMA; Pegalan; CH2=C(CH3)COOCH3; Methyl-«alpha»-methacrylate; Monocite methacrylate monomer; Metakrylan metylu; Methacrylate de methyle; Methacrylsaeuremethyl ester; Methyl «alpha»-methylacrylate; Methyl methylacrylate; Methyl-methacrylat; Methylmethacrylaat; Metil metacrilato; NCI-C50680; Paladon; 2-Methylacrylic acid, methyl ester; Acrylic acid, 2-methyl-, methyl ester; Methylester kyseliny methakrylove; Methyl methacrylate monomer; 2-Methyl-2-propenoic acid methyl ester; Rcra waste number U162; Methyl ester of 2-methyl-2-propenoic acid; 2-(Methoxycarbonyl)-1-propene; Acryester M; NSC 4769; TEB 3K; 2-Methylacrylic, methyl ester
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
DRB - Donald R. Burgess, Jr.
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|fH°gas||-348.7||kJ/mol||N/A||Vilcu and Perisanu, 1980||Value computed using «DELTA»fHliquid° value of -388.8±4 kj/mol from Vilcu and Perisanu, 1980 and «DELTA»vapH° value of 40.1 kj/mol from missing citation.; DRB|
|fH°gas||-342.3||kJ/mol||N/A||Vilcu and Perisanu, 1980||Value computed using «DELTA»fHliquid° value of -382.4 kj/mol from Vilcu and Perisanu, 1980 and «DELTA»vapH° value of 40.1 kj/mol from missing citation.; DRB|
|fH°gas||-331.0||kJ/mol||Ccb||Vilcu, Perisanu, et al., 1975||ALS|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Vilcu and Perisanu, 1980
Vilcu, R.; Perisanu, S., The ideal gas state enthalpies of formation of some monomers, Rev. Roum. Chim., 1980, 25, 619-624. [all data]
Vilcu, Perisanu, et al., 1975
Vilcu, R.; Perisanu, S.; Ciocazanu, I., Heats of formation in the ideal gas state of some substances containing carbon, hydrogen and oxygen, Conf. Int. Thermodyn. Chim. C.R. 4th, 1975, 1, 105-112. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.