- Formula: C10H16
- Molecular weight: 136.2340
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: GRWFGVWFFZKLTI-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 80-56-8
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Species with the same structure:
- Other names: Bicyclo[3.1.1]hept-2-ene, 2,6,6-trimethyl-; 2-Pinene; 2,6,6-Trimethylbicyclo[3.1.1]hept-2-ene; Pinene, «alpha»; 2,6,6-Trimethylbicyclo(3.1.1)-2-hept-2-ene; 2,6,6-Trimethylbicyclo[3.1.1]-2-heptene; Acintene A; 4,6,6-Trimethylbicyklo(3,1,1)hept-3-en; UN 2368; alpha-Pinene; PC 500; Bicyclo[3.1.1]hept-2-ene, 2,6,6-trimethyl-, (.+/-.)-; Sylvapine A; (.+/-.)-«alpha»-Pinene; NSC 7727; Pinene; (+)-«alpha»-pinene; 2,6,6-trimethylbicyclo[3,1,1]-heptene («alpha»-pinene); «alpha»-Pinene [1R-(+), 1S-(-) ]; 2,6,6-trimethylbicyclo-[3,1,1]-2-heptene («alpha»-pinene); pin-2(3)-ene
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Kovats' RI, polar column, custom temperature program
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
|Column length (m)||30.||127.|
|Column diameter (mm)||0.32||0.75|
|Phase thickness (m)||0.50|
|Program||60 0C (8 min) 3 K/min -> 180 0C 20 K/min -> 230 0C (20 min)||not specified|
|Reference||Frizzo, Serafini, et al., 2001||Okamoto, Ellison, et al., 1981|
Go To: Top, Kovats' RI, polar column, custom temperature program, Notes
Frizzo, Serafini, et al., 2001
Frizzo, C.D.; Serafini, L.A.; Dellacassa, E.; Lorenzo, D.; Moyna, P., Essential oil of Baccharis uncinella DC. from Southern Brazil, Flavour Fragr. J., 2001, 16, 4, 286-288, https://doi.org/10.1002/ffj.998 . [all data]
Okamoto, Ellison, et al., 1981
Okamoto, R.A.; Ellison, B.O.; Kepner, R.E., Volatile terpenes in Sequoia sempervirens foliage. Changes in composition during maturation, J. Agric. Food Chem., 1981, 29, 2, 324-326, https://doi.org/10.1021/jf00104a026 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Kovats' RI, polar column, custom temperature program, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.