- Formula: C18H22O2
- Molecular weight: 270.3661
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: XMNIXWIUMCBBBL-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 80-43-3
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Species with the same structure:
- Other names: Bis(«alpha»,«alpha»-dimethylbenzyl) peroxide; Peroxide, bis(1-methyl-1-phenylethyl); «alpha»-Cumyl peroxide; «alpha»,«alpha»'-Dicumyl peroxide; Active dicumyl peroxide; Bis(2-phenyl-2-propyl) peroxide; Cumene peroxide; Cumyl peroxide; Di-«alpha»-cumyl peroxide; Di-Cup; Di-Cup 40C; Dicumene hydroperoxide; Dicumenyl peroxide; Diisopropylbenzene peroxide; DiCup 40KE; Isopropylbenzene peroxide; Luperco 500-40C; Luperco 500-40KE; Luperox 500; Luperox 500R; Luperox 500T; Percumyl D; Percumyl D 40; Perkadox B; Perkadox BC; Perkadox SB; Peroxide, bis(«alpha»,«alpha»-dimethylbenzyl); Bis(1-methyl-1-phenylethyl) peroxide; Di-cupr; Luperco; Luperox; Varox dcp-R; Varox dcp-T; Peroximon DC-40; Di-cup 40haf; Di-Cup T; Kayacumyl D; NSC 56772; Perkadox BC 40; Perkadox BC 9; Perkadox BC 95
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Timothy J. Johnson, Tanya L. Myers, Yin-Fong Su, Russell G. Tonkyn, Molly Rose K. Kelly-Gorham, and Tyler O. Danby
Condensed Phase Spectrum
Select a region with data to zoom. Select a region with no data or click the mouse on the plot to revert to the orginal display.
The following components were used in generating the plot:
- jQuery UI
- Plugins for Flot:
Use or mention of technologies or programs in this web site is not intended to imply recommendation or endorsement by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, nor is it intended to imply that these items are necessarily the best available for the purpose.
View image of digitized spectrum (can be printed in landscape orientation).
Download spectrum in JCAMP-DX format.
Detailed documentation for this spectrum is available.
Particle size distribution data for this spectrum is available.
|Origin||Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Under IARPA Contract|
|Instrument||Bruker Tensor 37 FTIR|
|External diffuse reflectance accessory||A 562-G integrating sphere|
|Beam splitter||Ge on KBr|
|Diameter of detector port in sphere||2×2 mm, 60° field of view MCT|
|Sphere diameter||75 mm|
|Acquisition mode||double-sided, forward-backward|
|Scanner velocity||40 kHz|
|Spectral range||7,500 to 600 cm-1 saved; 7500 to 600 cm-1 reported|
|Spectral resolution||4 cm-1|
|Wavenumber accuracy||± 0.4 cm-1|
|Apodization function||Blackman-Harris 3-term|
|Switch gain on||512 points|
Go To: Top, IR Spectrum, Notes
No reference data available.
Go To: Top, IR Spectrum, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.